xviii - special chapter

Five Years

"Love, what are you doing there?" Hyunjin laughed so loudly, his melodic soft voice reverberating through the walls of their shared bedroom.

Felix pouted, not bothering to answer his lover as a sign of silent protest.

"Dear lord, baby. You're so cute." Said Hyunjin walking over to the open suitcase where Felix was folded perfectly in a circle, hugging his legs so he could fit inside. It reminded Hyunjin of a cute kitten in a box and he can't help but coo at his baby's adorableness.

He was careful not to step on his clothes that was the original content of the suitcase before Felix decided to thrown them harshly all over the floor to take over their place.

He crouched down to be on eye level with his sulky one, and tried to pull him up but due to him refusing to leave the poor suitcase, Felix ended up just sitting there instead.

"Baby, it's just a few days. I won't be long." Hyunjin pulled Felix to land a kiss on his forehead. "I'll come home as soon as I can." He promised in which Felix only shook his head.

"No! I don't want to!" His brows knitting.

"But love—"

"You-you just came home! You were gone for weeks when y-you said it would only be three days! And you're gone for a month before that." He choked out a sob that has been bubbling in his throat and soon enough, he's already crying. "You j-just came home, love!"

He knows it was childish, and isn't healthy for a twenty-seven-year old that was supposed to be an adult to act like that, really. He's aware. But what can he do if he misses his Hyunjin?

The lad had this business trip to Australia that was expected to only last for three days but they suddenly got an anomaly and Hyunjin needed to stay longer. Days turned into a week,and a week turned into two weeks. And he was just gone for a month before that on another business trip as well.

And though he was sad about it, he accepted it like the understanding lover he is. He waited patiently until the older finally came home hoping they could spend some time after that, and they did... for two fucking days and now the older needs to go again for yet another business trip to Japan and he can't have it. Not this time. Not anymore.

He's running low on patience and understanding and he just can't go on another week, even days with only a mere call or a facetime being the only way he can reach Hyunjin. He needs to touch him. He just needs him by his side at all times.

He's clingy to a fault, he's well aware. But he really can't help it when every fiber in his body was aching for Hyunjin's touch, his laugh, his kisses, his presence... him.

He's clingy to a fault. He's well aware.

"I know, angel. I'm so sorry." Hyunjin tries to wipe his tears vainly since it's just being replaced with new ones just as soon. "But I really can't miss this one, baby or it might jeopardize some things in the company."

Felix understands, really, he does. But still he shook his head stubbornly with no plans of backing down anytime soon.

"If I could I would bring you with—"

"Yeah, take me with you. I wanna go with you." Pleads Felix, cutting off his lover mid sentence.

"You know I would if I could... but we both know that's not possible, love." Hyunjin brushed his hair on the side. "Uncle won't allow it, he needs you here to tend to your own business matters. You're in training for inheritance, babe. You can't afford to be careless now."

"But I really can't, Hyunjin. It's so lonely without you here. I wanna hug you when I get home from a long day. I wanna kiss you. Cook for you." He sniffled. "I just need you here, baby please. Don't leave me here anymore. I don't want to get used to your side of the bed being empty. It's cold. I wanna feel your warmth in my sleep. I wanna rest in your arms. Please, I've only had two days with you."