xv

Everyone was shock after they heard a honey voice, confess something so crucial like it was nothing. Voice coming from a certain Hyunjin that has been sitting so quietly not so far away from them, not really engaging in the chaotic slandering that they were doing to his ex. Had he just opened his mouth for the first time and he was already saying something Felix thinks his dumb braincells couldn't comprehend at his tipsy state.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" He had so shakily asked, as he felt like his voice doesn't wanna come out of his throat.

Hyunjin shrugged indifferently like he didn't just throw a grenade on Felix, shaking his being. "Precisely that."

He didn't say anything. No one dared to as the heaviness of Hyunjin's declaration crawl clandestinely on every corner of the room, demanding for silence and utter attention.

Everyone was dumbfounded, especially Felix who felt his heart race rapidly on his chest as the unknown feelings he had been so careful to hide in a locked box came out in the open, shattering every bits of restraint that he had so carefully built for so long.

He can feel his walls crumbling down on his feet, and he could only look as the said unknown feelings had worn it's face, stepping into the light in an attempt to introduce itself.

He teared up, and soon enough he became a weeping mess, not minding that all of his friends can see him in his most detested state.

Small sobs and whimpers erupted from his mouth but no one dared to move, only looking at him as they don't really know what to do and his friends are still very much in daze at the confession that was left floating in the air.

"Why are you crying again?" Hyunjin had stalked his way to Felix and maneuvered him so that he could be sitting in the taller's lap. His voice had become so soft as he enveloped Felix's small body in his warm embrace.

"Y-you.." he started, being interrupted with small hiccups. "You b-bloody idiot!"

"Am I?" Hyunjin smiled, kissing Felix on the forehead.

"You fu-fucking bitch, don-don't smile!" He said, pushing the taller's face away, earning low chuckles from him and irking Felix more. "I said don't smile! Don't p-play with me anymore!" He then covered his face with his tiny hands as frustration and a spark of something akin to hope bubble up on his throat.

He's afraid he's misunderstanding things. That if he opened his mouth and accidentally said the wrong things, him and Hyunjin won't be the same again. He's so terrified to say something he'll regret, or ask something that will give him away.

He's afraid that if he called it by its name, and the awaken emotion that was barely crawling on its feet had heard him, it will give it enough power to stand tall in his face and never come back of its cage ever again even if the outcome of this ploy that Hyunjin had pulled is just all a part of a joke.

A silly little game.

Hyunjin pulled his hands away from his face as he cupped his face in between his warm, big ones, wiping away his tears with so much tenderness. "Who said I was playing?" He stared at him deeply in the eyes, and Felix felt dizzy with all the honest emotions that was dancing in Hyunjin's honey orbs. "My feelings aren't a joke, pixie."

"But you... you-you never—"

Hyunjin has effectively shushed him by kissing his nose. "I know. I never said anything because I've always thought we're still too young. I don't wanna rush things."

"We're fucking twenty-two!"

"Right, and we still have forever to spend with each other." Hyunjin replied like he was so sure about what he was saying. Like it was already a given that they would end up with each other, and Felix can't help but feel butterflies in his stomach.

"I wanted you to explore life on your own, baby. I wanted you to discover things you have yet to learn about yourself. And believe me, this isn't me being selfless, because I'm selfish as hell. I wanted you to do things you wanna do now, be with whoever you think you wanna be with for the time being because I know we'll end up together anyway. Your end game is with me, baby. It always have been."