13

Anna was soon walking around Dr. Lecter's books. Her fingers grazing them. She hasn't spoken much this time. She was upset. Hannibal was looking up at her as she waked absentmindedly. She sighed deeply.

"You are troubled. Come back down and lets talk." He told her. He watched her as she looked over and down at him, before going to the ladder. She got back down, and went to sit at her seat. Her leg bounced.

She had a scarf on. Rachel said this was new. That she thinks it's a comfort thing as it was still warm out. Hannibal sat down in front of Anna, still watching her closely. Examining her. "What has your anxiety so high?" He asked her grabbing his pen.

Anna looked at him, and then at her hands.

"After that tv interview, I have been feeling watched. Then when he went missing, I had people blaming me. Saying I must've killed him like I killed my mom. But I didn't do anything to him. And I didn't do anything to my mom!" She said angerly. And she was rightfully angry.

She had nothing to do with her mothers murder. 

He did.

But he wasn't going to tell her that. And she is the reason that that Marvin fellow disappeared but she didn't need to know that quite yet either. He looked seeing Anna had her head down and was pulling her hair close to the roots as she cried.

This really disturbed her. Being blamed for her mothers death once more. She told him before that she blamed herself for her mothers death. If she had done something differently, her mother would still be alive now.

Hannibal got his handkerchief out and went to her. He got down to her level. He pulled her hands away from her head to stop her from hurting herself more. "Stop hurting yourself. That's not helping you." He told her. 

He gently moved her face up to look at him by her chin. He wiped her face. He helped her blow her nose and let her take the handkerchief from him in case she needed it again. He rubbed her back. "You always turn to hurting yourself in one way or another when your emotions are to much. We need to figure something else that would help you."

He made a mental note to get started on that.

He looked around. "Let's get you something warm. It will help you. There's a cafe close by, let's go there. Are you willing to go with me with your father's agreement?" He asked looking her in her watery green eyes. 

She nodded. Something warm to drink sounded nice.

___

After getting permission from Steven to take Anna to the cafe alone, Hannibal drove the teen to the cafe for the two to talk. She was quiet during the drive there. Looking out the window, with her head against the window.

He played some soothing classical instrumental music for her during the drive. But when the two arrived, she told him what she likes, and she went to sit at a spot. 

When he got her hot chocolate with peppermint, he sat in front of her with his coffee. He looked at her as she took her drink with a small thank you. She started taking small little sips out of it.

"You hurt yourself to make you feel something other than heartbreak." He stated. She looked up at him.

"Pulling at your hair

"Pulling at your hair. Cutting yourself. I'm guessing that you will dig your nails into your arm. You have a slight bruise on your arm, probably when you did it on the interview. I saw you doing it on the tv." He stated before sipping his drink.

She looked down at the cup, spinning it between her pale hands. 

"You couldn't take it anymore, so you attempted suicide. But we will work on how to convey your emotions into something other than hurting yourself to ease it some." He kept going.

"Tell me when and how it started." He suggested.

"I've always done this. Hurting myself to feel something. I started digging my nails into my skin. Pulled my hair. Until I accidently pulled out skin. I don't even know I did it. My mother caught me while she and Rachel were talking. Rache was able to stop the bleeding and I was taken to the hospital and put on anxiety meds."

She reached up rubbing the spot it was on.

"Then mom died. I started trying out cutting, mostly my thighs. Then nothing worked. Nothing helped me. I blamed myself for the death, so I wanted to be with her again. But I was found." She said, then took another sip of her drink.

"Don't worry. You will soon find a way of helping you through your high emotions." He promised her. "I'm sure you don't like hurting yourself, do you?" He asked her.

Anna shook her head no. She didn't like the aftermath of hurting herself. And she hoped that she didn't need to feel it ever again.