37

Anna went to Hannibal's with the help of Alex. She didn't want to go back. She was afraid but she was told that Hannibal still allowed her to be his client. So, here she was. Alex parked in front of the house.

"I want you to ask him to take you to the cafe so you can get him some coffee to make up for everything." Alex told her. Anna looked at her sister. "Why?" She asked. Alex sighed and looked at her. 

"Simon is going to be looking around the house." Alex explained. "We need you to get his trust and get him out of the house." Alex said.  Anna was surprised. They believed her? 

"But how am I supposed to do that?" She asked. "What if he doesn't want to leave?" Anna asked nervously. "Just do what you can. Or see if he can come over for dinner one night so we plan something. Just do anything, so Simon can get inside and investigate." Alex told her. "And make sure you text me so I can let him know. I will follow the car far away and park somewhere close by." Alex continued.

Anna looked at the house and gulped. She didn't want to go back. She didn't want to keep going back to Hannibal. She sighed. "Ok. I will text you." She told her. She grabbed her bag and got out of the car. 

Hannibal opened the door and smiled. "Hello Anna. Welcome." He stepped to the side to allow her inside. She bit her lip and went inside. She heard him shut the door behind them. She followed him to his in-home office. 

She looked at him. "Um. I wanted to apologize about what happened." She told him. He gave a small smile. "I was never mad at you Anna. I fully understood why you did what you did. Your mind played a trick on you. We just need to do something about the meds we have you on." He told her.

"Can we go for coffee? Please?" She asked him. Hannibal tilted his head and looked her face over. His gaze to intense, making her look down at her lap. 

"Would you like to talk about coming back here to stay for a bit there?" He asked her. She nodded. "If that would be ok." She kept her eyes down. Hannibal kept his head tilted. He then nodded twice to himself. 

"Alright Anna. Come along." He told her. She nodded and once more followed him, but this time, it was to his car. 

She texted Alex that she was getting him out of the house. She bit her lip, hoping Simon found something.