40

Anna and Alex never heard back from Simon. She assumed that he was busy with other cases and will tell us when he had any news to share with the sisters.

With her birthday coming up soon, Anna decided to go into town and find something she'd like for her birthday. She also brought a guitar with her. She put in a specific store location and drove there.

When Anna arrived, she saw a familiar car there. She gulped and got out. She brought out the guitar and went inside. Sure, enough Hannibal was inside with Tobias. 

The two males stopped talking and looked at her. 

"Sorry... I didn't mean to interrupt." She mumbled, blushing in embarrassment. Tobias put a smile on his face, and walked over. "Not a problem dear. You're Anna correct?" Tobias asked. Anna nodded. "Yes. I met you when I met Franklin. I um. I broke a string on this and was hoping to get it fixed." She said holding the case up. 

Tobias nodded and led her away. Anna missed how Tobias looked back at Hannibal for just a moment. 

Tobias took a look at her guitar and told her all of them seemed ready to break. "It was my parents. They used to play it for us and each other. He would play it for her while she was sick. I thought I would learn to play." She said. 

"Well. If you'd like I can teach you to play. I do teach music. I will fix the strings and we can talk about it." He said and walked away.

Anna watched him and looked over as Hannibal walked over. She gave a polite smile. "Hello Dr. Lector. Any news of the break in?" She asked. "I have a feeling I know who it was. Just can't say without proof." He told her.

Anna nodded. 

"I don't want you taking lessons from Tobias. Ask your father for lessons or I can find you someone better." He told her. Anna was confused. Before she could ask him why, Tobias came out.

"Here you go. Here is my card as well. Give me a call if you'd like to schedule a class." Tobias told her. "The total will be $45." He continued as he put it in the register. Hannibal stopped her from getting her wallet out. "It's on me. Take it as a birthday gift." He told her with a kind smile and paid in cash.

Anna thanked him, and politely left.

She missed the looks the two males gave each other.

___

Hannibal looked at Tobias. Tobias watched Anna leave. 

"Pretty girl. Will look even prettier if I make her an instrument. Now if you excuse me, I have lessons to teach at any moment." Tobias said motioning to the door. As if calling for it to happen, the door opened as mother and child came in. 

Hannibal wasn't able to do anything about the threat on Anna's life.

He will have to make sure Anna is nowhere near Tobias. Hannibal has to kill Tobias before he can touch Anna.