32

Rachel was with Hannibal. She was there for a dinner to talk about things that have been going on that evolves around Anna. She wanted to talk to him how she's doing in therapy, and if she remembers anything more about the night Anna's mother died. 

So, Hannibal invited her over for dinner. Rachel told Stephen that they were going to be talking to him in private about a future job for Rachel. Stephen trusted her and wanted Rachel to succeed in her career. 

So, she dressed in a nice yet casual dress for dinner. Anna, Alex, and Stephen were going to be going on a needed father-daughter dinner tonight. They were also going to go bowling together. Just the three of them.

Rachel knew that Stephen needed to be with his daughters some more. She knew that even more so since Anna's return from the hospital from that attack she went through, needed to have her father with her even more.

Rachel wanted Anna to be happy, she wanted Alex to be happy, she wanted Stephen to be happy, and she wanted herself to be happy. That's why she did all of this. To have the happy family she's always wanted. 

She wanted to have a family with this family. 

It's why she did all of this. 

But it's becoming to much. The weight of things that has happened so far. Which is what she wanted to talk to Hannibal about. She needed to hear that things would be ok. That nothing would go wrong and lead all the way back to her.

So, here she was at Hannibal's beautiful home. 

He let her inside and to the dining room. "Thank you for allowing me to enjoy your amazing cooking with you as we talk." Rachel told him with a smile. He also smile. "Of course my friend. I always enjoy cooking for my friends and colleagues." Hannibal told her.

Rachel sat there and thanked him as he poured her them both a glass of wine. Soon the two were sitting at the table and was eating his amazing cooking. 

But Rachel stopped eating as she needed to come out with what she's been needing to talk to him about. "Everything that has happened lately... Hannibal... It has put a lot of guilt on my heart." Rachel told him.

Hannibal looked at her as he took a sip of his wine. 

"That is understandable Rachel. Murder and the cover up of a murder is hard on someone who hasn't ever done it before." Hannibal told her with a small nod. Rachel looked down at her plate. 

"She was already dying. I just ended the suffering. The fire wasn't a part of it. The fire... I don't know why you had that happened. " Rachel told him. He nodded once again. "I'm just happy that Anna doesn't have much of a memory of what happened." Rachel continued.

It was awful when the explosion happened, then Stephen and Rachel found Anna knocked out with a water pale. That's when Rachel noticed Hannibal's car leaving. That's how Rachel knew that Hannibal started the fire. 

"And then Matt's death... He was such a good kid. But when he kept trying to tell Anna what happened. And cause of that Anna was nearly killed." She told him. Hannibal's jaw clenched a bit at mentioning Matt and the attack that happened to Anna.

"We don't need to worry about Matt's parents anymore." He told Rachel as he took the last bite of his food. "And how's that? The police are still looking for them." Rachel told him. He grinned a bit. "Cause we just finished the last of them." He told her.

Rachel froze and looked at her empty plate. 

"I will deal with the remains. They will be found, and Anna will get her peace from it. And you will not tell a soul. Cause I know about what you have done. Now you are a part of getting rid of their body." He told her as he got up and went over to Rachel. 

Putting a hand on her shoulder as he poured her another glass of wine. Rachel was tensed up. "There are more Rachel. I will be taking Anna as my future wife. I will make her fall for me, and I will have her as my wife." He told her, his grip on her shoulder tightened in a threatening way.

"I hold your life in its entirety in my hands Rachel. I could just get rid of this perfect life you have thanks to my assistance. I could just kill Stephen and feed him to you before killing you as well." He told her.

"I can do what I want Rachel. I am the one in charge." He told her. "And you will help me with whatever I say, won't you?" It wasn't really a question, it was a statement. A threat.

Rachel stiffly nodded. "Yes Hannibal." She told him breathlessly. Her heart in her gut. 

He patted her shoulder and went back to his seat. He then raised his glass to her. "Good. Everything will be perfectly fine." He promised. "I will take care of it. Just trust me." He told her. She stiffly nodded again.

__

Hannibal walked Rachel to the door.

"Remember what I told you Rachel. I will take care of everything as long as you stick to your part. Life will be easy for you all." He told her.

She nodded once more. She then headed to her car and started driving home. But she had to stop on the side of the road and started sobbing. 

What has she done!?