26

Simon was waiting for Anna and Alex to get there. He was nervous about Anna lying to Hannibal. But he knew Hannibal didn't like or trust him. So, he knew that he wouldn't have allowed Anna to come see him with only her sister.

He looked up as two people walked up to his table. 

He stood and froze seeing how beautiful Anna was looking in the maroon dress. She looked like a grown woman. It did make him feel creepy. She was still a minor. Alex and Anna sat down in front of him. Anna's big green eyes looked at him. "Hello Detective." The two greeted.

" The two greeted

He gave a small smile. "Hello girls. Thank you for coming. Please get whatever you want. It's on me." He told the two as the waiter came over to get their orders. 

"After we eat. We will go somewhere to talk about serious things. I have a lot I want to tell you both and ask you both." He told them. The sisters looked at each other, then back at him and nodded.

___

The three ate the yummy food from the cafe restaurant they were at. "If you could follow me?" Simon asked Alex. Alex nodded and took Anna to the car to follow him to where he wanted to meet and talk.

__

They went to the park. It was a public place, but it had places for them to all sit in a calming area to talk.

He took the sisters to sit and talk. He needed to talk to them about the night they went to meet with Matt. He got somethings from Anna, but he needed more. And more about the night their mother died.

He got them duck food to do something while they talked. 

Hoped it would help them stay relaxed some during this tough conversation.

It was going to be hard to go through for them. These were both sensitive topics. Anna was injured in one of the situations. She even lost her memory during it. So, he was sure that she wasn't very happy about thinking about what happened.

Simon watched as Anna tossed the feed, a soft smile on her face. She was robbed of her most of her life. She spent years getting treatment for suicidal tendencies after the loss of her mother. So, seeing her enjoy something so simple like feeding the ducks, and geese, made him and Alex smile watching her.

The two older ones stepped away while she did so, so they could speak about things. He wanted to hear Alex's side of things. They sat on another bench where they could keep an eye on Anna. 

"I want to know what happened the night of Matt's death." Simon told Alex. Alex looked at him for a moment. "There isn't much to tell you. Anna and Matt scheduled it while Anna was out with Rachel. He had been very iffy about talking about certain things when Rachel was around." She said.

"Anna told me that he always seemed nervous when Rachel came around. So, she suggested they meet. That he suggested the Rock, and at what time." Alex shook her head. "We should've gone early. But Rachel wanted to have a big dinner cause our dad was leaving for a book thing. We would've met him before he climbed the Rock and fell." She said still shaking her head.

Simon put a hand on her shoulder. "His death wasn't either of your faults." And he didn't think it was Matt's fault either. But he wasn't going to tell her that. Neither needed to know about that yet. Not till he had everything together.

"And what about your mother?" He asked as he took a drink of his drink that he got. Alex looked down at her feet for a moment before looking at Anna who had her hand out with feed as ducks came to eat out of it.

"Anna followed me to a party. I only found out that she did halfway there, and I knew that Matt was going to be there. So, I allowed her to keep with me to the party out on the beach. She and Matt went away for a bit, and she was soon stomping away. She told me she wanted to go home. And I was so drunk honestly. But I did see Matt get up and follow after her." Alex explained.

Simon nodded and looked over at Anna as well as Alex kept speaking.

"Someone said that maybe he was assaulting Anna. So, I got up and stumbled my way through the woods. That's when I heard the explosion. When I got back, Matt was helping Anna who was on the ground knocked out and bleeding." She told him. "That's all I know about what happened." She explained.

"I don't trust Hannibal. I don't want your sister around him." Simon told her. 

"Why is that? He is helping her. She actually trusts him. It's Rachel we don't trust." Alex looked at her. "Do you think Dr. Lector has something to do with things?" She asked with wide eyes. "I'm not fully sure, but until I know for sure, I just want you both cautious. Or you and make sure she tells you everything." He explained watching Anna.

The sun was hitting her just right, she was a beautiful girl. 

Alex looked between him and her baby sister.

"Look... She looks at you the same way. But I would suggest you wait till this case of yours is over, and she is eighteen." Alex told him. His head jerked to Alex. "Look. I." Alex grinned and shook her head.

"You're a very sexy man. Anna and I noticed it. Hell. She likes your ass. But she's still a minor for right now. Don't be a pedo." Alex told him, before getting up. "I will tell you everything I know when she tells me." She promised before going to her little sister.

Simon nodded and watched them.

He needed to look more into Rachel Summers.