The Fall

John's POV

"Sherlock!!" I never thought he would really jump. Standing on the concrete on that miserable day, watching my best friend throw himself from that building, was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Even now, two years after he jumped, I wonder if there's ever been a time in my life that I've felt as much pain as I did that day. There isn't.

What did he even do it for? There was no one he loved, no one he truly cared for, that could've made him risk his own life to save another. He was a heartless sociopath, an unfeeling robot, because he didn't care about the pain he put me through. That's why I'm thankful for Mary. 

After the fall I spent many nights drinking in the local pub, hoping that the alcohol would flush him out; it didn't. That's where Mary found me. She was a godsend, a shoulder to cry in from the start, a person to love me and care for me. but she lacked the danger Sherlock brought with him, and I miss him terribly.  

Sherlock's POV

Every night I watch as the man I love cry's himself to sleep, and all because of me. With the last two years burned into my skin as a painful reminder of why I fight; twisted, ugly scars and the images I've seen along the way, I realised; This is war. Obviously, I've seen the lady he spends all his time with. I've seen the highs, I've seen the lows, and I know now, that I need to come home. Home to my John Watson.