The plan

John's POV

Much to my surprise, Sherlock had decided to take a break from cases to help me plan our wedding. He was thorough and meticulous, and had many better ideas than me. At the beginning of the planning stage, my fiancé told me not to worry about cost; Mycroft had decided to take it upon himself to pay for our wedding, as a kind of wedding present. At this moment in time, we had chosen the venue - a stunning French style castle in the countryside - the food, the guests, the celebrant and the photographer. Seeing as though Sherlock and I have never been conventional, we decided not to have bridesmaids and the like, however I would arrange a best man and Sherlock would arrange a maid of honour. 

We had also decided that Sherlock would be the one to walk down the isle; I have never been gracious and elegant, so this seemed a fitting decision. Unfortunately, both sets of parents had died in a car accident a few years ago, and therefore we had no one to escort my fiancé down the isle; I had a good idea who to ask though.

"So Kitten, I was thinking. Why don't you ask Mrs Hudson to walk you down the aisle? She's been a mother to both of us and it seems to be a good idea, seeing as she was right all along."

"Right all along? About what?"

"Us eventually getting together, Sherl."

"Well yes, I suppose she was. That's a terrific idea John, I'll go and ask her now."

In one swift movement, he glided out of the room and downstairs to speak to Mrs Hudson. Meanwhile, I picked up the phone and called Greg. He picked up after three rings. 

"Hi Greg, I know you're at work, but have you got a minute?"

"Sure John, what can I help you with?"

"Well I-" God, its a lot harder now I'm actually doing it, "I was wondering if you'd possibly be the best man at m-mine and Sherlocks wedding?"

"Well of course I will! I'd be honoured! Any specific colour you need me to wear, or is it traditional black?"

"I think we were talking about red for me and you, and purple for Sherl and Molly. I'll let you know if anything changes, but I don't think it will, so red."

"Ok, I'll start looking for suits when I get home. Are the rest of the yard invited?"

"Yes, at my insistence. They were going to be left out after the way they treated Sherl, but for some reason he said they can go. I think he's planning something, but who knows with Sherlock Holmes?"

"Aye, you got that right mate. Have you settled on a last name?"

"We have, but as a best man, you CANNOT tell anyone, they'll find out at the ceremony. It's Watson-Holmes. Neither of us wanted to give up our names, and Watson-Holmes sounds better than Holmes-Watson."

"I agree. Anyway, I better get back to work. If you need any help, give us a call."

"Cheers Greg, see you soon." 

Minutes after I put the phone down, I heard a shrill shriek from downstairs. I sprinted into the hall and flew down the stairs, searching for the source of the scream; I find her in the kitchen, sat on a chair with Sherlock's arms around her. I fixed the poor soul a cup of tea, and she kept muttering, "Of course I will."

"I take it you asked her Kitten. What did she say?" I questioned the mortified detective, who was also sipping a cuppa.

"Yes. Hudders said yes." Even from the distance of the table, I could see tears forming in his eyes, so I stood up and hugged him. He sunk into my arms, and Mrs Hudson soon joined muttering, "My boys."