The wedding present

Sherlock's POV

I walked with an unusual air of confidence as John led me to the altar. After that little issue we were finally ready to be married. Once we got to the pastor, he began his speech; I lost myself in the everlasting vortex that were Johns eyes, and didn't hear a word of it. He turned to Lestrade and asked for the ring for John to give to me, and then he started his vows.

"Sherlock, we have known each other for many years, and for most of them I knew I loved you. Our second interaction, you told me you were married to your work, and I accepted that; I helped you solve your cases and I loved the adrenaline rush I got from chasing criminals through the streets. I dated other girls to get over you, you kept your walls up to protect those you truly love but I assumed that you simply didn't accept human feelings. So imagine the pain I felt when you threw yourself of that building, and didn't tell me that you'd survived. Your best friend. When you came back I could barely believe that you were there, and yet you were. You took me out on cases again, and you took me to dinner, and we sat in the flat, talking about cases, and life, and the two years you spent away. I love those moments, Sherlock, I love spending time with you, I love our cases, I love your childishness and your attitude, your stupid smirk you pull when you know something we don't. But most of all, I love the heart that you never believed you had, and I'm glad that you trust me with it. I look forward to many years of adventure with you, and I hope you do too."

I wasn't even aware of the tears forming in y eyes until they fell down my cheeks. He slipped the ring onto my finger and sniffled, looking me in the eye as he took my hands in his. 

"Sherlock, it's your turn for vows."

Molly stepped up and handed me the sleek silver band, and I finally began my vows.

"John. Where do I even begin. Even before you shot that cabbie, I knew you were going to save my life in many more ways than one. You turned up with Stamford with a psychosomatic limp, caused by your time in Afghanistan. You missed the battlefield, not realising that spending your time with me was going to simulate that feeling of danger, the thrill of the chase. You, John Watson, are a danger addict, and you found your way to arguably one of the most dangerous men in London, who made an enemy out of the most dangerous villain in London. That evening, we cured your psychosomatic limp, running through the streets after that cab. Things only got better from there. You saved me, from Jefferson, and from myself. Then, you offered to risk your own life so that I would survive; you'd only known me for a few months. It was at that moment I knew, I love you. I had always been taught that caring is not an advantage. Now I realise that it's only a disadvantage if you find the wrong person. John, I fell for your loyalty, your friendship, your bravery, and your willingness to die to save me. Know that today, you are marrying the man that you saved. I look forward to our future adventures, God only knows there will be many."

I finished my speech and placed the ring onto John's left ring finger. I looked at the audience and they were all sniffing, dabbing their eyes with tissues and glancing at one another. Then the pastor began to speak again.

"Sherlock Holmes, do you take John Watson to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And John Watson, do you take Sherlock Holmes to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I looked John in his eyes, noticing the tears threatening to spill over. He smiled.

"Oh God, yes."

"You may now kiss the groom!"

I bent down and kissed John passionately, placing my hands carefully against his neck. After a few seconds I pulled back and whispered into his ear, "I love you, Bumblebee."

How Could You? (A Johnlock Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें