Bumblebee

Sherlock's POV

I woke up to blinding white lights and an uncomfortable seat. Seat? No, this is a bed. Where am I, whats going on? A couple of minutes later, John entered the room with Greg and Mycroft; I could see tears pooling in my bloggers eyes, and it made me want to cry myself. I held it together though, I can't cry in front of Mycroft. 

"John? What happened?" I whispered, my voice hoarse from the lack of conversation.

"Oh Sherlock, I'm so sorry. You were shot, Mary came to get her stuff and she turned on you; she blames you for this." He gestured to the two of us and took a tentative step forward.  With great difficulty, I opened my arms for John, who sank into them gratefully. 

"Where is she now?" I couldn't help being concerned for Johns safety at this point. 

It was Greg who answered this time. "You're never gonna believe this Sherlock. Mary was working for Moriarty, who, like you, faked his death; how he managed that I'm not so sure yet. After John duck-taped her wrists and I went to arrest her, she was protesting as I put her in the cell. She said 'I didn't mean to, I only shot Sherlock and went with John because Moriarty told me to.' Apparently we have a drug to test that can see how truthful she's being, and we're gonna test it on her tomorrow, and if you're well enough, you can come too."

"Well of course I'm bloody coming Graham, you think I'm gonna miss this, after what she did? Just look at John, he's in bits!"

"It's Greg! And I thought so, I just didn't know if it's the safest thing to do, that's all."  

"Don't worry about my safety, I'll be fine."

"Well, you're not acting like your gonna be fine. You lost a lot of blood Sherlock."

"I'll. Be. Fine."

Mycroft interrupted our petty bickering with a smug cough, and pointed at John. The poor soldier had fallen asleep on my shoulder, and was snoring lightly. I smiled down at him, and realised how remarkably similar he looked to a baby hedgehog, so peaceful. Looking at him, you wouldn't think that his boyfriend's just been shot within an inch of his life; gone was the murderous glint in his eyes that appeared when he saw Mary.

I looked up at my brother and his husband, and asked them to call a nurse to set up another bed; I don't think John's going to leave me for a while. Reluctantly, Greg leaves the room in his quest to find a nurse, and John tries to snuggle impossibly closer. A nurse walks in at that moment, hounded closely by Greg. Looking at us with a smile, the nurse makes up the second bed as I try to wake my sleeping partner. 

"Love? You need to wake up now." I whispered to him quietly. He kept on snoring; he sounded like a bumblebee. I chuckled to myself, that's a cute nickname. "Bumblebee, there's a bed there for you."

John shifted in his sleep and woke up a little. "Bumblebee? S'that my nickname now?"

"Problem?"

"No, not at all, I like it, have Greg and Mycroft gone yet?"

"No Bumblebee, they're still here." I looked up at them and Greg had his phone out; he was recording us and smiling. Mycroft had also started smiling, a real, genuine smile. 

"Ah Mycroft, aside from your wedding day, I thought you were incapable of smiling."

"Oh shut up Sherlock, I'm simply glad you two finally shorted your shit out and got together. Looking at you, I know you and your *Bumblebee* are happy and I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, Mycroft." I'd not realised how much me and John really meant to him, and was glad to hear that he supported our relationship and hadn't started with the whole 'Caring isn't an advantage' shit.

"Well then Myc," Greg offered his arm to my brother, "we best be off and leave these two together. Sherlock, we'll get you out of here tomorrow and we can interview Mary."

"See you tomorrow, then."

"They waved their goodbyes and John reluctantly got up from my bed. 

"What are you doing Bumblebee? Get back here."

"Sorry, I thought you didn't want me up on your bed. Do you want me there Sherl?"

"Well, I wouldn't mind the cuddles, After all, Mary did just try to kill me, and I'd be lost without my Bumblebee."

He walked back over, but before he sat down, he placed a featherlight kiss to my lips, and hugged me. 

"Love you Sherl."

"I love you too, Bumblebee."

_____________________________________________________________

Hi y'all!

What do you think of the Bumblebee nickname? And what do you think should be Sherlocks? All ideas are welcome!!

- Charlie