Pre-wedding Jitters

Sherlock's POV

John and I had decided to spend the night before the wedding apart, and by the time I went to leave the flat, the nerves had already set in.

"Are you sure we ordered the cake in time?"

"Yes Sherl, they spoke to me yesterday, its almost ready."

"And my suit's at Mycroft's?"

"He picked it up personally."

"John, are you completely-"

I didn't get to finish my question as John had placed his slightly chapped lips on mine, kissing me gently and reassuringly. 

"I've taken care of everything. I'll see you tomorrow Kitten."

I waved my final goodbye and slowly made my way to the front door. Waiting there was a rather cheerful looking Lestrade and a prim-as-ever Mycroft, who both turned to walk out the door as I reached the last step, before stepping into the warm May sunlight and into the awaiting black car.

Twenty minutes later we were standing outside of Mycroft mansion and watching the ravens as they flew overhead. Cawing at us they swooped low, and we raced to make it to the oak front door. Gripping on to the regal bannister we ascended the stairs to my old emergency bedroom where I was to spend the night, and dumped my stuff in there. I made sure to hang my purple suit in the wardrobe so it didn't crease, and I placed my bag of hair products into the ensuite bathroom, before retiring to the living room to play games with Greg and Mycroft.

We stayed up playing for hours, talking and laughing, reminiscing on cases and old memories. Discussing their wedding and their nerves beforehand; they told me it was fine to be nervous and that once I saw my fiancé walking down the aisle, all would be ok. Still, their words didn't change the feeling in my stomach as I retired to my bedroom to curl my hair. Popping sections of hair around a curler and twisting it tight; I have to look my best tomorrow. Throwing on my blue sleepers and grey t-shirt I crept into bed and eventually fell into a restless slumber.

John's POV

Once Sherlock had gone I rang up Molly. We had agreed that she would stay at the flat the night leading up to the wedding, and shortly after 5PM there was a knock at the door. I invited her in and we sat down in the living room for a movie. 

"So John, what shall we watch?"

"Something funny, it might help calm my nerves."

"OK! How about 'The Hustle'?"

"Can do, I've never seen it."

"You're missing out mate."

And with that Molly clicked the DVD in and it began to play.

2 Hours later.

The movie was over and it was hilarious. Molly and I had been laughing so hard and so loud that Mrs Hudson came up to 'tell us off'. I turned to Molly with tears in my eyes and chuckled.

"What is it?"

I could barely speak I was giggling so hard.

"Josephine reminds me of Sherlock!"

We burst into fits of laughter.

"I see it now!! Acting to get what he wants, able to form a tear in the blink of an eye!"

"Oh my God I know!"

It took ten minutes of straight up laughing to get us too tired to keep our eyes  open, so in the end we retired to our respective bedrooms. Molly was in my old room; a few weeks after we started dating I moved into Sherlock's. I eyed the scarlet suit hanging on the back of my door and eventually fell asleep, brain swimming in thoughts of Sherlock.

Authors note

Hey all! Sorry it's such a short paragraph, I'm quite ill at the moment and I'm struggling to sit and concentrate. I just wanted to give you another chapter before I completely lose the brain capacity to focus on something for more than 15 minutes, because that seems to be where I'm heading. xD

I'll update soon!

Charlie x