Take me to Paris

John's POV

After spending two hours in a plane, Sherlock really was beyond bored. Within half an hour he had deduced every person on there, including the cabin crew and, somehow, the pilot by the sound of his voice. Landing in the Paris airport couldn't have been a more welcome idea, so when we eventually touched down, we were glad to make a run for the baggage claim. It took us another hour and a half to get through the airport and into a taxi to get to the hotel. Driving through the streets of France was such a relief, so different to the frequent cab-rides in London; I almost didn't want it to end. For once Sherlock's eyes weren't glued to his phone, and he stared out the window with ever-growing awe at the wondrous city laid out before him. 'Just wait till you see what I've planned for tomorrow' I thought, and watched the buildings of Paris fly by. During the two weeks we were to spend there, I would be able to familiarise myself with the streets and buildings, and maybe rent a car for us to drive ourselves. 

Finally arriving at the hotel (by now it was 9:00 PM), we unpacked our cases and threw on our Pyjamas, grabbing toothbrushes and brushing our teeth, before drifting off to sleep. 

The next morning, I got up extra early and ordered room service for breakfast; pain au chocolat, brioche, and croissants, with tea and orange juice. Sherlock woke up shortly after, and after devouring our breakfast, we dressed and headed to our first destination; The Louvre. 

The paintings and sculptures were fascinating, not to mention the strange yet intricate optical illusions chalked onto the sidewalk outside. We spent a good four hours scouring the building, discussing artwork and talking about our favourite pieces. By the time we got back to the hotel, I had almost forgotten about the evening I'd planned. 

Sherlock's POV

Dashing back into the suite we were in I ran up to John and grabbed his hand. "John, I've made reservations, get ready quick!"

"Hold on there Kitten, you'll have to push them back a couple of hours, I have one more thing to do today."

"Really Bumblebee? Is an hour pushback enough?"

"Sorry Love, it'll have to be two. Get dressed into the outfit I've hung in the bathroom."

Reluctantly, I traipsed into the bathroom and gasped in surprise. Hung on the back of the door was a magnificent tuxedo, a rich purple in colour, and a pair of black slacks. Putting the clothes on and trying to tame my curls and calm my breath, I glanced into the mirror and sighed. I guess my plan shall simply have to wait. I slipped the small velvet box bearing the engagement ring into my pocket and tried once more to flatten my curls, but to no avail. I stepped back into the main room, to see my John, dressed in the most handsome, deep blue tux I have ever seen. He'd combed back his silvery hair with gel and had an unusual air of elegance surrounding him; I couldn't help but stare, open-mouthed, as he fidgeted nervously. 

Upon spotting me, he stopped messing, looked me up and down before softly saying, "You look nice."

"You look... Wow." 

He offered me his arm and I took it graciously. We stepped outside the hotel and john somehow managed to call us a taxi. I got in whilst he told the cab driver where we were going in what must have been exceptional French for the cabbie to understand him; he wouldn't let me know where we were going so he muttered it under his breath, glancing at me once before climbing into the back with me. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence I could bear the suspense no longer. 

"Bumblebee, where are we going?"

"Well Kitten, that's for me to know, and for you to find out."

We finally arrived at this magnificent Roman theatre, somewhere in Orange. John turned to look at me with loving eyes.