Chapter Five | 'Kill two birds with one stone'

A L E X A N D R S | J O N E S

"You're busy? Again? Since when were you this active?" Cathy groans, slamming her face into my pillow as i release a soft chuckle. I grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder.

"Cathy, I promise we can go out on Sunday."

"Don't you go to church on Sunday?" She sits up on my bed and whispers. I gaze in the mirror and adjust my blue sundress, which had reached my ankles as usual but had been borrowed from Cathy. Her mother brought it for church for her, but she did not like it. And instead of completely covering my chest, it was off shoulder. I am actually exposing some skin.

"My mother and father now spend the weekends at my aunt's place. That means I'm free." My mother and father now go to Aunt's house, so I have two days off every week. And I get to do and dress whatever I want. And to be honest, it is the best feeling.

"Where are you going anyways?" I knew if i told her about Ares, she would complain on how I am being silly, and I should not go.

So, i lie to her.

"Joey's, he made me pomegranate juice and needs some books." I lie and hold onto my hand with my other. Just so i do not rub my nose in front of her. She waits for me to do it, and when I do not, she nods her head and leaves my bedroom with me.

"Okay, when will you be done?"

"No idea, but I'll call you and you can come over for a movie?"

"Vampire Diaries, I don't want to watch a movie."

"Of course. Oh darn! Clark Johnson is coming over for tomorrow!" I groan rushing my fingers through my hair.

"Good luck Ali." She smiles and hugs my body from the side as we make our way out of my house, I make sure to lock the door behind me as she sees her off as she enters her own home. I plug in my headphones and walk to the bus stop.

I could not get Ares's body out of my mind, and how it would stiffen up every now and then when I pushed down. Something in the back of my mind is driving me to wake up and respect my parents, but the thrill, the adrenaline, is worth the effort.

It is worth it to have Ares as a friend.

I only ever had one friend. Cathy. I attend to school, but no one pays attention to me. I am the oddball, and hey! I do not mind. In fact, I adore it. I enjoy being anonymous and not being a part of any drama. I just want to get through college without being harassed, known, or tormented.

And not only do I have Cathy, but Joey and Anna. His wife. They treat me like the grandparents i never had. I love them both with every piece of my heart, and I love their relationship. I hop on the bus, scanning my bus card as I trail inside. There were no seats available, so instead I stood. Holding the pole.

The bus is a bit bumpy and claustrophobic, but as long as it took me to where i needed to go. Then I do not care. A few stops later, and i press the buzzer. Signalling the driver to stop and as he does, the door opens for me. I slip out and look ahead to see the tattoo parlour.

I could feel the excitement in my veins.

I reach the door and push it open. I see the woman at the reception with a soft smile, "welcome, here for a tattoo?"

"I'm here to see Ares?" She hums looking down at the computer.

"Name?" She asks.

"Ali." A voice calls out, not mine but Ares. He signals his head for me to follow him, I smile at the receptionist whose jaw tenses. I trail behind him, clutching my bag as we enter the same room. He closes the door behind him, and I notice him wearing the same shirt from yesterday.