SAMPLE CHAPTER OF PAPERBOOK!

SAMPLE CHAPTER!
TWO YEARS AGO - Ares NICOLAIDES

I WATCH HER.
The way she pushes the books into the shelves, before strolling down the aisle with the trolley. She wore high waisted jeans and a short white jumper; I examine every inch of her. From her long brown hair down to her small feet that were hidden in those brown converses.

And then she looks up, her eyes locks with mine.

Shit! She fucking caught me staring at her like some creep. I look away, waiting for Joey to finish his book. She caught me. Fuck. She probably thinks I'm a weirdo, or a stalker-she probably thinks I'm a stalker.

"I give you permission." A soothing voice whispers into my ears, I look to the side and see her behind my chair. I knew it was her just by the smell of her, that sweet scent of pomegranates.

"Permission for what?" I ask, facing ahead of me.

"To stalk me...to watch me, I think you like that Ares." The way my name rolled of her tongue, it did something to me, something that made me fidget just a bit.

"And how did you figure that out?" I question her.

"Because I have you all figured out, because I watch you too...you just don't realise."

"I notice everything butterfly, I guess you're the one who doesn't realise." I feel her shift, and suddenly she sits onto the coffee table in front of me. She looks more beautiful up closely. She rests one leg on top of the other, and smiles.

"Are you going to ask me out on a date?"

She is fucking straightforward isn't she.

I mean, I don't mind that-when it's from her...I love it. I like it. I crave it. I never really thought on asking her until now, the way her hazel eyes glisten for an answer. I thought she hated me; I didn't think she'd want me to ask her out on a date. We were complete opposites, including the way we dress. With her colourful clothing and my black fits. Her bubbly and open personality compared to my unbothered and ignorant one, we will not get along.

She'd want to leave before I even opened the car door for her.

I meet her gaze, feeling a rush of anticipation coursing through me. "I don't do relationships," I admit, the words feeling heavy on my tongue. I'm trying to find an excuse, not for me, for her. She needs to know that I'm not a good man, I'm dangerous.

She doesn't miss a beat, her smile widening as she leans in closer. "Neither do I," she responds, her voice low and enticing.

"I do talking and eating... if you're lucky, I can do a bit more, only if I'm interested."

"I'm not good for you."

"Don't be."

"Alexandra."

"Butterfly, I like it more." She whispers, a smirk spreading across her face.

"Why the sudden interest? I thought you hated me?"

"You're different, I like different and don't get me wrong, I do hate you...but I think I can start to like you..."

"And what if I don't like you?"

She chuckles, "you'll fall for me Ares Nicolaides. I know it. You'll get so attached to me, you won't be able to let me go."

"There's something about you." I whisper, "something weird."

"Something weird. Enlighten me?"

"I guess I'll explain it on our date, tomorrow at six, pick you up here."

"I'll be wearing red; I know it's your favourite colour." She speaks, standing up.

"You sound like the stalker."

She shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe I am."

MAKE SURE TO GRAB YOUR COPY AND TAG ME ONCE YOU HAVE IT! I HOPE IT WOULD BE WORTH YOUR WHILE!