Chapter Fourteen | ' Cut To The Chase'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

FRIDAY

The irony is that I was about to marry Mr Johnson's son, and now my mother is forcing me to sit next to him, presumably to provide him with 'comfort' since his father died. Mrs Johnson, on the other hand, had been crying her entire life out into the same tissue, if only she had known the man, she was crying for was a scumbag and a paedophile.

I, on the other hand, felt guilty. Because I know why Mr Johnson died and who killed him, I graze my cheeks, the same places he has touched me.

I miss his touch already; I look around and notice the funeral has come to an end and now was the time to go and chat and eat.

I rise; my mother, Mrs Johnson, and I were the last to depart. I turn around just as I am about to step outside and notice Clark seated in the corner of the room, not attempt in getting up and joining us. I stick behind and make my way back to him because it is the least, I could do. His shoulders sagged, his hands were empty, and his gaze was fixed on the coffin.

I settle back down beside him, "I'm sorry for your loss, Clark." I whisper, fiddling with my fingernails.

"It's not like you killed him," No, but I know who did. I turn my face and look at him, he looks back at me and gives me a soft smile. "I'm bi-sexual by the way." My eyes widened, and I glare into his soul.

"What?"

"I'm bi-sexual, my parents were forcing me to get with you-apparently it will 'fix' me when i see a naked woman." I mould in my lips, and without a second, I burst out laughing. Clark joins me as well, now it made sense with all the mirrors and everything.

"I can't believe it, I mean, I can but like...catholic parents?" I question.

"I know, it's fucking ballshit. All these catholic rules and 'thou shall not be gay' rubbish." I nudge him a little, and he looks down at me. "How about we get out of here? Go to a burger place and eat our sorrows away."

"I don't mind, but you're going to have to convince my mum."

"Easy," he stands up and I follow after him. "You're not as bad as I thought, Alexandra." He shoves two hands into his pockets.

"Oh, I am, really bad." I roll my eyes.

"No, I thought you were a judgemental prick, but it turns out to be the other way." I gasp, pushing him a little. He shakes his head, a smile providing on his face. We make our way outside and see my mother speaking to Mrs Johnson.

"Oh, Clark my love, how are you?" Mum asks him, Clark gives her a slight nod.

"Good Mrs Jones, would you mind if I take Alexandra out for dinner?" My mums eyes widen a little, before gazing back down at me. I look back down to my feet, "I promise to bring her back before ten and to make sure she is safe."

"No touching or anything..." Wait? Is she actually considering this?

"Of course, not Mrs Jones, not a hair on her head." My mother sighs before nodding my head.

"Okay, bring her back before ten! You only have three hours." I held in my huge gleam as my mother rubs my shoulders, I squirm inwardly and follow after Clark.

"You are amazing! Please can we go to the art store? I know we said to go and eat but she never lets me out."

"Of course, Alexandra-"

"Ali, my friends call me Ali."

"You have friends?" I gasp, laughing. He is right. I have a friend but then again, I have Ares whom I have not spoken to since the day i told him about me kissing Diávolos. I should not have said it, he did not need to know. I guess I wanted to see how he would react. Clark unlocks his car and I slip inside; he starts the car and begins driving down the streets. "So, are you just a boring Catholic? Or do you actually have a life?"