Chapter Seventeen | 'Time flies when you're having fun'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

I see several couples dancing and smiling as they come to the party, which was held outside. Laughter fills the room. I assist by handing out food to guests who have opted to join us for our open evening. I stand around aimlessly, having no one to dance with.

I keep eating spoonful's of pomegranate seeds, remembering Diávolos' touch on my skin. As the images flashed back into my head, my stomach felt like it was on fire; he made me feel incredible.

He kissed every part of my body as if it were his favourite sweet. If my parents knew about this or found out in any way. I am a dead woman. Not even Diávolos can protect me. But one thing that has been on my mind, is that Diávolos was in love. He fell in love and the love of his life does not remember him.

That is why he kills. Maybe he kills the bad people involved. I had no idea because after he told me the story, he disappeared. I need to find her, maybe she can help me...but what if she doesn't even know Diávolos?

I see joey walking towards the tables, with his wife, Anna. I smile brightly and then, Ares walks in behind them.

He looked evilly handsome, a black suit on with the first few buttons of his shirt undone. He looked like a leader as most, the one you would read in wolf books. He stood taller than ever, over towering half the people in the room. His hands filled with tattoos, and since his arms were covered, the next version is his neck.

His dark black curls loom the moon light, his eyes were darker and then they linked with mine. Where is Cathy? I look away, back to the pots of pomegranate seeds. I looked absolutely hideous.

My dress is cut from lightweight crepe for a fresh Summer feel and is decorated with a pretty lemon floral print. The bodice has corsetry boning to the front, back and sides for that perfect cinched hourglass shape and the lightly shaped cups are lined for a comfortable fit. The pretty puff sleeves add to the fun and floaty vibe, and I love the way that the side thigh split shows just a flash of thigh as I walk. But compared to what he was wearing, I looked like a goddamn child. Something stands beside me; I look to the side and see Ares staring down at me.

The way our eyes just linked, the way he looked at me making me feel like I am the only girl in the room. His strong jaw, it could cut a line of my skin without intending too. "Ares..."

"Alexandra."

"I guess princess has left your dictionary." I did not mean to say that! Why did I say that! I mentally face palm my forehead before continuing to put food down onto my plate.

"I thought you wanted to dance. All that practise."

"I did, but no one has tried to ask. So, I'm just eating my seeds quietly." I softly smile, and Ares opens his mouth to say something before Joey's wife arrives with a beautiful woman. Her long blonde hair, which reached her hips, was perfectly straight. I was insecure because she was dressed in a long black gown that revealed her tanned legs. Her big blue eyes and long lashes, oh sugar.

"Ares, this is Brianna. She's looking for someone to dance with, I thought I'd introduce her to my handsome grandson." Brianna smiles, perfect teeth.

"He is handsome indeed," Brianna laughs. God, even her laugh is perfect. I step away a little to the side, my heart burning for some reason as I refill my already filled up bowl with pomegranate. I push a lock of my hair behind my ears.

"Go dance, the two of you, for me." Anna smiles, I could feel Ares' eyes on me. Please ask me instead Ares...

"I was actually going to ask-"