Chapter Seven | 'Beating Around the Bush'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

"Honestly, and especially Mrs Henderson. She has a right potty mouth." My mother chuckles as she gossips with Mrs Johnson. My father is with Clark and Mr Johnson in the living room, i could not get the kiss out of my head.

My fingers graze my lips every now and then, his lips felt perfectly against mine. So perfect.

He took my first kiss.

And I do not regret it a single bit.

For some reason, I felt as if we had some sort of chemistry between us. And God did it feel amazing.

"So, Alexandra, how is your final year of college?" Mrs Johnson asks me; I sit up properly. Peeling my finger away from my lips, Mrs Johnson smiles at me softly.

"Perfectly fine, given the quantity of work I have to complete." Mrs Johnson laughs, and I stand up to assist my mother in clearing the table. I wished they would go so I could go out and investigate. I wished to see him once more. He might have simply hugged me, but instead he took advantage of the situation and kissed me.

After clearing up the table, we make our way into the living room. Where I am forced to sit next to Clark, Clark grazes his hair back.

I rest on the armchair wishing that God can just take my life now. "Clark is studying medicine, top of his class." Clark puts his mirror back into his pocket before giving me his full attention.

"You are very beautiful Alexandra," he whispers.

I look up to my mother and she nods her head, signalling for me to answer him. "Thank you." I force out of my teeth.

"Alex, darling, your lip is bleeding." Mr Johnson notices, I look up and press my finger against them.

"Oh right, thank you." I stand up, making my way to the kitchen to grab some tissue. He bit me. I remember he bit me. I graze the napkin. He likes blood. I knew my assumption was right. I knew everything was right, he was real. I still felt his touch around my neck.

"Are you okay Alex?" I look up to the door of the kitchen, Mr Johnson stood by it. He had blonde hair, just like his son but brown strong eyes. He wore a navy suit with a pink tissue coming out of the front pocket.

"I'm fine Mr Johnson, nothing to worry about." He steps in the room.

"You have a very pretty face, and body." He looks down, I suddenly felt uncomfortable and laughed it off. "Legal age you are now; I remember when you were only sixteen." He chuckles, brushing his hair backwards.

"Yes, all grown up now. I should go back." I take a step towards the door, and instantly his hand stops me from going any further. I do not dare look at him. He stared at me; I could tell from the side of my eyes. He comes closer, his nose at the end of my ear as he sniffles my scent like a dog.

"Just as always, fruit." My body freezes, why is he acting like this? I feel his hand rest on my lower back, this man is thirty years older than me. Old enough to be my dad, if he needed to. "You have beautiful lips."

"Mr Johnson, this is uncalled for. I should get back." He releases a soft chuckle, his hands falling away from the door and back to his side. I instantly travel back to the living room. Hoping. Wishing this could end soon.

◻◻◻

She parks the car outside the tattoo parlour, we exit the car and make our way inside. The same receptionist stares at me, I look down at her name tag. Maria. She wore a tight vest top the revealed a spill of her breasts, and necklaces gliding in-between them. She had tattoos all over her body, I am not surprised seeming that she works in a tattoo parlour.