o n e

23rd September: Dublin

"Everly, you're going too quick!" Andrea huffed, at her bandmate who was sitting behind the drum kit. Her black hair was in two plaits keeping it out of her face, perfect for when she was roughly drumming, she wore a yellow striped t-shirt with blue denim dungarees over the top and red vans adorned her feet, she looked like a small child, "keep to the original tempo of the song!" When she saw the drumstick flying her way, Andrea ducked before it had time to hit her in the head. Begrudgingly, the bassist handed the drummer back their drumstick and she walked back to her place on stage.

"Are we done now?" Arthur queried, scuffing his grey boots along the stage floor, the singer had dark circles under his perfect green eyes, his hair was all messed up, his white polo shirt was creased and so were his trousers. After earning a polite nod from both of his bandmates he continued, "Velvet Love from the top and no tempo changes." He sent a pointed look to the dark-eyed drummer who, in response, stuck out her tongue. Nia played the first guitar chord of the song and the band started again.

They played through a few more songs like Pink Flamingo and El Cantante. Thankfully, Everly didn't change the tempo of any more songs so the rest of their practice went smoothly.

Andrea and Nia sat on the edge of the stage whilst they were on a five-minute break. Both of them shared a drink after an extremely energetic performance of Runnin' Around Your Head. The guitarist had gone red and her dark hair was sticking to her face, she kicked her black converse against the side of the stage sipping on the lemonade Arthur had kindly gotten them.

"How long do you think we have left to practice?" Nia shrugged off the flannel that was covering her arms and tied it around her waist instead, showing off her white tank top with purple hearts on the front.

"Probably not very long," Everly answered from the back of the stage where she was putting plasters on her hands, "I'm sure I just heard one of the crew mention that they're here."

Andrea took off her beanie using her hand to brush through her knotted hair, "definitely not wearing much on stage tonight," she pulled on the blue crewneck she was wearing, which was virtually sticking to her, to try and fan herself, "there's no crowd yet imagine how hot it's gonna get later."

Everyone was waiting for Arthur to make an inappropriate comment, but instead, he scribbled something down using a black marker, Arthur held up a piece of paper which read 'I'm saving my voice for important occasions and tonight, do not talk to me.

"No one wants to talk to you anyway," Nia joked before Arthur could react to the guitarist's comment, soft clicks of footsteps were approaching the stage. Everyone went silent, waiting to see who had bothered to come and see if they were alright.

"Hey," it was Luke fucking Hemmings, this was the first time in anyone's lives that Cows In Space had nothing to say. Luke just brightly smiled, "I'm Luke, it's great to finally meet you guys."

Everly was the first to speak up, "it's great to meet you too, thank you so much for inviting us on tour with you it means a lot to us," all of them nodded in agreement, before she continued, "I'm Everly and these are my bandmates, Andrea, Arthur, and Nia."

"Sorry we're a little bit later than we intended, we were sorting out the bus," Luke explained, "didn't want it to be untidy for you guys."

"We don't care," Arthur said hoarsely, he coughed before carrying on, "we'll probably mess it up more."

"I came here to show you around the bus if you wanted to come and have a look?" he questioned, "the guys are settling down in the dressing rooms and I thought I'd come and say hi and show you around the bus."