t w e n t y - t w o

January 25th: Los Angeles

When Calum woke up he could feel eyes on him which made him smile. They arrived back in LA just over a week ago and of course, Andrea stopped with Ashton and Calum again. However this time, she had been sleeping in Calum's room, in his bed. This meant that Ashton knew about the couple, but Ashton knows everything so he would've figured it out sooner or later so there wasn't really anything to lose.

Calum rubbed his eyes, stretched and turned to face Andrea with a lazy smile playing on his lips. The first time they ever shared a bed together, it was awkward. Calum slept without a t-shirt on and Andrea slept without pyjama bottoms on, but because neither of them wanted the other to feel uncomfortable. On the first night, neither of them could sleep due to how warm it was. There was extra body heat plus both of them were used to sleeping without one item of clothing. Halfway through the night, Calum came clean to her and in return, she told him. For the remainder of the night, they slept peacefully in each other's arms until Ashton came to wake them for breakfast.

"Happy birthday sleepyhead," she greeted fondly, gently carding her fingers through his hair, something Calum admittedly loves. Andrea had a book in the other hand and Calum thought it was actually a criminal offence that she hadn't read to him yet.

"What time is it?" Calum carefully sat up and squinted at the light that peeked through the curtain. Most of the time, Andrea was a morning person which was perfect for Ashton because they'd often meet downstairs and make breakfast and act as if they were making a podcast together.

"Half nine, Ashton wanted me to wake you up but I didn't because it's your birthday," she put an old receipt in her book and closed it, "I decided to be nice for once."

Calum hummed, "should I go down and scare Ashton?"

"I mean if you want to get hit with a flip flop on your birthday, go ahead," he laughed and stood up, "if you go down half naked that will be funnier," Calum walked round the bed and kissed Andrea on the head, "I'll be down in a bit," she promised just as he walked out the door.

When Calum got downstairs, he walked into the kitchen where Ashton was setting the table for breakfast completely in a world of his own. "Hey, Ash."

"Jesus Christ Cal," he turned round to face him with a knife and fork in his hand, "put some clothes on, god."

"Thanks for the birthday wish," Calum poured himself a glass of orange juice before sitting at the table. He looked at all the food that was on the table and wondered how the three of them were going to eat all of it.

"Happy birthday mate," Calum smiled and thanked him, "is Andrea coming?" he nodded and quickly replied to some messages from his family.

Once Andrea came down, they began to eat breakfast. Andrea wasn't used to having such a big breakfast, but Ashton was such a great cook so she wasn't complaining. Usually, she'd just have a cereal bar and some juice so having waffles, pancakes and fruit was definitely a big change.

"Ash I swear to god if you just tweeted something about my birthday I will ban you from the party," Ashton quickly put his phone away and smiled.

"If I tweet something it got to be totally platonic," Andrea noted, "like happy birthday buddy."

"If you do, I will also ban you from the party."

"You don't even want the party," Ashton pointed out which earned him a hard glare from Calum, "I'm just saying!"

After breakfast, Andrea and Calum went back upstairs to get dressed for the day. Andrea also had to give Calum his birthday present and she was really nervous about it. At first, she was going to get him a new bass pick or something like that, but they started dating so Andrea was stuck on what to get her boyfriend. The thing that she had for him wasn't the most expensive, in fact, it wasn't expensive at all. She had it tucked away in her suitcase which was under the bed and she just hoped that Calum appreciated it.