n i n e t e e n

31st December: London

Tonight was the supposedly huge New Year's Eve party that Andrea and the others were attending. They all arrived in London yesterday and settled down in their hotel. Andrea and Calum went out for a few hours before returning to get ready to go out with the others. The hotel they were at was rather nice, outside there's a pool and there's also an inside which was heated. Unfortunately, non of them got the chance to go in it due to how busy it was.

Cows in Space had scheduled a live stream at eight pm just before they leave to go to the party with the others. The album was coming out tomorrow and honestly, everyone was excited especially Calum as Andrea hadn't given in to him meaning he was desperate to hear at least one song. But he wouldn't be hearing one until everyone else so it wasn't as if Andrea was being unfair. Michael was still shocked at how she hadn't given in as Calum can be very persuasive.

Andrea was currently alone in her hotel room which honestly was a bad idea. She was alone with her thoughts and her mind kept wondering. She confirmed to recall an event from a few days ago when she and Calum were in the hot tub. At first, it was awkward, sitting in a steamy hot tub with someone you like was definitely awkward, especially because Calum just looked so good. Andrea finally concluded that she liked Calum a bit more than she liked her other friends, but she had promised herself that nothing will happen between them.

Lately, her mind has been all over the place and she keeps finding herself zoning out and thinking about past or hopefully future scenarios about Calum. Her imagination was wild and Andrea often envisioned that she would show Calum something she'd been working on and he would love it. This would then lead to a short explanation about the track and how Calum inspired her to write it.

One day she could imagine both of them just playing bass together in their room and they were both happy. Calum would be laughing joyfully and bump their knees together. Andrea would definitely be more serious which is something that Calum thought was cute. Then they would lay down on their bed huddled close together and Calum would sing as he knew she loved his voice.

"Andrea?" she quickly snapped out of her daydreaming and looked at Nia sharply, "we're going to start the live now, are you coming?"

"Uhh, yeah!"

Fortunately, the live didn't last that long due to how long it took for it to actually work. It was now nine pm and the taxi was arriving in another half an hour and they had to make sure everything was ready and packed so non of them would have to pack with a hangover tomorrow morning. Whilst walking from room to room, Andrea quite literally bumped into Calum who was walking towards Luke's room.

"Oh hey," Calum smiled lightly, but there was something in his eyes that confuse Andrea as she could not read his expression.

"Hey," she fiddled with her hands, awkwardly trying not to make eye contact with the bassist in front of her.

"I've got to get this to Luke," he motioned to the small bag he was holding, "I'll see you in a bit, yeah?"

Quickly, she nodded before rushing off into her own room, slamming the door behind her. The wall was good support for her to lean against whilst catching her breath. What the actual fuck was wrong with her, she felt like this small crush was all sudden and she began to doubt everything she's ever believed in.

"There you are!" Andrea scrambled away from the wall trying to act normal in front of Arthur who had just come out of the bathroom ready to leave, "what the hell is wrong with you?" she kept her mouth closed and didn't say a word if she told Arthur the whole world would know about it in less than ten minutes and that was something that Andrea didn't want to happen.