t w e n t y - s i x

10th March: New York

Since Michael had told Andrea about what happened between him and Layla, Andrea had stopped posting a majority of things. She would post about some of the shows she just played but that was it. People had begun speculating about it online, but she knew if she said something in response such as saying that she was fine, Calum would worry and that's the last thing she wanted.

Andrea had also been doing quite a lot of research about her sexuality. The two main labels were asexual and aromatic, Andrea knew she wasn't aromatic, but understood that aromantics can be in relationships. The whole asexual label was confusing her terribly and all the other identities that are a part of that term just didn't seem to fit her right. She had come to the conclusion that she was definitely on the spectrum, but she didn't know where.

Being in New York was like a dream and honestly, Andrea was glad they were stopping another night as there was so much to look at. Being in New York meant a lot of press and today Cows In Space were being interviewed. All of them were rather nervous, not because they'd never had an interview before as they have had quite a few radio station interviews back home. They were nervous because this wasn't live meaning interviewers could misbehave and ask questions that they shouldn't be asking. Not to mention this interview was also going to be put in a magazine which meant the author could pretty much say what they liked.

They still had a few more hours before the interview and as usual, Calum and Andrea had escaped to a quieter part of the venue. Outside was chaotic so being up on the roof was not a good idea so they stuck to the top floor. Andrea hadn't spoken to Calum about the worries she had about the media nor how she was still trying to figure out her own identity. It's not that she didn't want to tell him, but she was worried about what he would think about her being somewhere on the asexual spectrum.

Calum could read Andrea like a book, so she was soon pulled away from her thoughts when he nudged her, "stop worrying about things," she played it off mindlessly, not wanting to worry Calum, "look I'll be outside the door the whole time and if it sounds too much I'll get Luke to pull the fire alarm or something."

Andrea laughed, "don't do that," Calum just smiled, "I don't need you and Luke causing havoc just to get me out of an interview."

"Me and Luke will be the judge of that," Andrea shook her head tiredly, she turned to face Calum who looked at her with a now serious expression, "please remember that if there's a question you don't want to answer don't answer it."

"Cal,"

"I'm serious because the interviewer wasn't given any boundaries they're going to be asking everything and you don't have to comply," she nodded, trying to reassure Calum that everything would be fine, "take water with you and just drink on any questions you don't want to answer and then no one will ask you, it works for me."

Andrea didn't bother responding, the more either of them talked about it the more she began to dread what was about to happen. Normally interviews weren't stressful as most of the time the band had at least someone from their team there to step in if things got intense, but no one was here today. That wasn't really the management's fault as there was a miscommunication from the interviewer's side as they originally said they would interview on the 11th but they changed their minds at the last minute and it never got to the manager. Arthur had theorised that they did that on purpose to get them alone so to speak, but Everly called bullshit.

A soft ping came from Andrea's phone, she looked at it and groaned at Nia's message. The interviewer had arrived earlier than expected which took everyone by surprise especially Luke who was apparently being interrogated downstairs and Michael can't get him away from the interviewer who was interviewing the wrong band. "I better go," Andrea went to stand up but Calum stopped her with a defeated look on his face.