s e v e n

5th October: Birmingham

Excitement radiated throughout the dressing room. Andrea and the rest of her band had just finished their practice and now they were currently waiting in the dressing room. Arthur's sister and Everly's dad and her four brothers were the first to arrive. Andrea was excited to see her bandmates' families and she couldn't wait to see her own.

In the corner of the room, the guys were watching the exchanges between each other. Ashton had told them all to say hello after everyone had time with their loved ones.

Calum watched Andrea carefully, she was hugging Arthur's sister happily. He felt himself smile at the reunion that was going on in front of him. Part of him felt jealous that it wasn't him with his family, but he had to be happy for the four new friends he had made over the past couple of weeks.

The door clicked open and Calum snapped his head to have a look at who entered. There were three people in the doorway, a woman with platinum blond hair, light green eyes, and a facial structure almost identical to Andrea, Calum assumed this was her mum. Behind her was an older woman with short curled hair, in one hand was a walking stick and in the other was what Calum guessed to be her husband's arm. The older gentleman had a head full of grey hair and brown eyes, he was very tall even though he wasn't standing completely straight and in his hand was a wooden walking stick.

I'm this moment, Calum wished he had a camera because Andrea's face lit up the whole room, again he found himself smiling with her. He watched as she ran over to the blond woman and hugged her tight, she then moved on to the older woman behind her and gently hugged her, and then the older man beside her. Andrea led her family to an empty sofa where she finally got to tell them all about how amazing she's been. Well, Calum would tell them that as he knew Andrea wouldn't as she's too modest.

Once Nia's mum and dad and the rest of Everly's brothers walked in, Calum and the rest of the guys began talking to the other bands' families. Calum learned that Arthur's sister was a doctor which was impressive, he learned that Everly was the only female in her family, and he found out that Nia's dad was the biggest music fan whereas her mum wasn't.

When he got around to Andrea's family, he felt nervous and he knew for sure he didn't want to fuck it up. He sat down next to Andrea, who was sitting on a beanbag, he smiled at all of them before offering out his hand to the man in front of him, "I'm Calum, Andrea's fellow bassist."

The man firmly shook his hand, "I'm Rob, Andrea's grandad," at first glance the man didn't look too friendly, but Calum could just tell that he was probably one of the most nicest grandads to Andrea.

"I'm Brenda, Andrea's nan," Calum could tell from her kind face that she was the very stereotypical nan who would bake cakes and bread with their grandchildren.

"I'm Debbie, Andrea's mum," she smiled and looked on fondly at her daughter, "I don't think you understand how grateful we all are for you and your band to invite her on this tour it's such an amazing opportunity and I thank you for it."

"No problem," he smiled, "I'm grateful that she and the band decided to come with us, we can be pretty annoying," he was glad he got a chuckle out of them and Andrea who ended up lightly shoving him.

"You are when you don't share food," she muttered.

Calum had a lovely time getting to know Andrea's family more, he got told about Andrea's obsession with the bass line in Molly's Chambers by Kings of Leon and she reasoned that it was an easy and cool bass line to learn except she could never feel her pointer finger after playing it.

"We should probably get you down to your seats," Calum noted, "we want to get you in before everyone else, and then if you want to come backstage after Andrea has finished the show you can text her and someone who works here will take you to her."