Chapter Ten | 'A Dime a Dozen'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

I stare at my tattoo.

And for some reason I want another one, but it cannot be today, due to the fact I am going to an opening of a club. Cathy got us VIP tickets and now she's waiting for me outside in the car. She lent me a dress, and I'm not going to lie. I love it.

My parents left town yesterday afternoon and won't be back for a week at best, I am taking full advantage. I look in the mirror, the dress is cut from a delicate lace in a sweet lavender hue and backed in my figure enhancing power mesh for modest coverage and the closest of fits.

It features a pretty sweetheart neckline with balconette cups that are underwired for the utmost support and flattering uplift. The bodice is boned throughout to cinch the waist and the satin shoulder straps adjust for the perfect fit.

The mini skirt falls to a slightly fluted hem and I love the decorative satin and lace trims for the most feminine finish. It has a zip to the back for easy on. She beeps the car horn. I groan grabbing my bag and inserting my phone inside. I slip the black heels that lace up to my knees and rush down the stairs. Tripping on my feet here and there. I close the door behind me.

I turn around and see Cathy's mouth dropped to the floor, I smile and rush to the car. I pull the handle and slide inside, "wow...you look fucking amazing. I never knew who had a snatched waist!" I chuckle pushing her shoulders. "Now I know why you're parents are forcing you to dress modestly."

"Stop." I laugh.

"I'm being serious Ali, you're body is to die for...no wonder you caught Ares' eyes." My heart flatters with his name being called out, I blush crimson and turn away as images of him touching my body come back. "I love this you, you look so happy. Now! Lets get ready to get drunk." She starts the car and drives towards a the club.

"I've never been drunk."

"Never say never, and be prepared." I look at her as she brings me a cup and a bottle of tequila. "Go ahead, feel the heat!" I take a deep breath and pour myself a shot before placing the bottle on the floor and sealing the cap. I drink the cup, coughing spurts from my mouth. Cathy shouts as she laughs, I cringe at the nasty taste.

"That is disgusting..." I wipe my mouth.

"We are already here, okay let me park." She tucks her car next to a familiar one, I feel the heat clog my throat from the drink i took earlier. I get out of the car, and the club line is bloody long. The name stood out to me.

Thirío

Music could be heard from out here, I adjust my dress down my thighs. Cathy locks her arms around mine as we make our way to the entrance.

Passing the long line, I feel stares coming to my direction and I did not feel comfortable. The security stares down at us, Cathy hands him the tickets she bought and he unlinks the red hook and lets us through.

The moment we step inside, it felt amazing.

Because the dance floor is so crowded with people dancing to club music, there is no way to see it. I know I'm alive, I'm real, and reality is great with that music, that beat, and those wild, insane lights.

Cathy leads us to the bar and orders three shots. Before pouring our drinks, the bartender drapes his towel over his shoulder. "Create a tab for me!" Cathy tosses him her business card, and he winks at her before she turns to approach me.

"Is this a good idea?" I shout over the music.

"I want you to let go, feel freedom. The thrill!" I nod my head, she hands me two shot glasses before having two of her own. I down a drink, hissing at the taste. Alcohol is actually disgusting.