Chapter Eleven | 'Back to Square One'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

After the doctor checks me out and told me that the drug they used on me was a Neuromuscular Blocking Agents, which are drugs that prevent messages from moving from the nerve to the muscle. This causes a temporary, but widespread paralysis called a "drug induced paralysis".

He hooked me up to an IV drip, leaving two bottles of medications and instructing Ares to give me one every four hours from now on. Ares nods, and they discuss something in another language.

The doctor has left the room, leaving only me and Ares. I can move my upper body now, but my lower body will take longer to move due to nerve systems.

I wiped my tears away, unable to comprehend what had happened to me. I was drugged. It is no surprise that my parents forbade me from drinking. "How are you feeling?" His voice erupts the silence in the room.

His room is beautiful, and I notice is describes him very well.

The long windows from floor to ceiling provided a view of the mountains and a bit of the city, with the curtain draped down. The bed is unmistakably king-sized, with grey sheets and a black comforter on top. I look to the side and notice two doors and two black bedside tables with nothing but a lamp on them.

One is entirely open, displaying what appears to be a walk-in closet, while the other is closed. There is a grey carpet beneath the bed, and a long couch with a standing lamp over it and a tiny coffee table beside it sits near the window with a view.

Ares enters the closet of clothes; he comes back out with folded clothes. He makes his way towards me, "do you mind if i change you? That dress looks uncomfortable." He asks me, I look down to see the dress that Cathy lent me.

I nod my head.

He assists me in sitting up a little higher and softly unzips the dress. He pulls it down my arms without looking at my body, and then he grabs one of the clothes, which I noticed was a large black shirt.

It is obviously his, and he gently shoves it down my face. I stick my hands into the openings. He slips his hand underneath my shirt and pushes the dress down my legs. I sneeze a little.

"Let me get you some boxers." He walks back to the closet.

He comes back, and nods at me for permission. I smile softly and he removes my underwear, putting on the boxers. He takes the other piece of clothing, which are shorts and helps me into them. "I'll get these washed for you, do you need anything else?"

"Can you stay with me...just until I sleep, please?" He looks down at my hands clinging to his, then he nods his head and settles down onto the bed besides me. I turn my body, and my legs as much as i could, before resting my head onto his chest. His arms rest under my neck and pulls me closer against him.

I inhale his strong cologne, "I thought you weren't going to come..." I whisper.

"And why is that?" He whispers, grazing my hair.

"Because why would you?" He sighs.

"I would always come if you needed me, no matter where or what. I will always protect you." He lifts my chin for me to look at him. "Always." He looks down at my lips, I smile before indulging my head into his chest. Hearing his heartbeat thumping.

"Thank you for protecting me, Ares..." I whisper into my sleep.

A R E S | P O V

She fell asleep onto my chest; it has been two hours and i did not want to to move. Her brown curly hair is brushing onto my pillows, her long lashes brushes against her cheeks as her hands rest around my neck. I stare up at the ceiling, remembering the conversation with Mike.