🫧|fourteen|🫧

I tried for you guys

She'd curled up on his lap, even though she knew she shouldn't

Draco held her, even though he knew he shouldn't be touching her. But he'd heard Scorpius' phone ring so many times he got tired of hearing it— and he was glad he decided to pick it up. Scorpius was upstairs with his girlfriend right now, he couldn't give a care of the world at the moment.

Cordelia was scared. She was scared after that incident, and to think she had Carmella with her made her more guilty then ever.

She was upset that Scorpius didn't answer his phone. She was upset that she knew he could hear his phone ringing down stairs, and he didn't even try to come get it. Draco knew this.

So he let her rest her head in the crook of his neck, while he held Carmella's hand as she sat on the couch with a toy in her hand. He knew he shouldn't be touching her, but he couldn't help the way he felt about her. The only reason why he was even with her mother is because he knew he couldn't be with Cordelia.

They were too different, and they were too far apart in age, and he didn't want to ruin her life. He wanted her to have what she whatever she wanted— but right now, he just needed her to calm down.

His other hand rubbed up and down her back, Cordelia's eyes fluttering shut. "You should've called me." His voice was low, but after a second of her just playing with the collar of his shirt, he rested his chin on her head. "I.. I wish you would've."

Cordelia just relaxed into him, giving up on trying to protect her heart from Draco. She knew she was already falling for him, and every time she tried to stop, it just ended up hurting up more.

"It's hard to talk to you."

He lowered his eyes, "I don't know why. Do you think I feel any different for you after we had sex?"

Her jaw was in his hand, they're faces so close and they're bodies so intimate. "I.. I feel different."

He stilled, practically holding his breath. He wanted to kiss her right now. She was getting to him, to his heart, to his mind, to his body.

"You were my first person, Draco." She said softly, her cheeks turning pink. The slightest water rose in her eyes. "First kiss, and then.. I just— I can't feel like this about you when you're going to marry my mother. Every single day it gets harder and I am not stable all together and I can't be with you—"

He cut her off with a small peck, and her heart stopped beating for a split second. "Things are complicated right now."

"They're complicated?" She breathed, pushing herself up on his lap. "Jesus, Scorpius was right."

Draco rose an eyebrow, "About?"

"You." She started to get off of his lap, but he let go of Carmella's hand and pushed her back down onto his crotch, making her gasp. "I— you— stop it—"

"He knows?" The look on his face was cold, and Cordelia could hardly breathe. "Cordelia, when did he find out?"

She scoffed in the form of a laugh, all of the air gone from her lungs. "When you screwed me in the bathroom," it came out so soft, but he knew she wanted to yell it. "When you— I can't— I can't breathe—"

She was up from the couch in a matter of seconds, in Draco's arms, his other arm hauling Carmella up and bringing them both to the kitchen. He sat Cordelia on the counter, and held Carmella on his hip while he filled a cup of water.

He'd handed her the water, and watched her take a drink, her chest rising and falling.

She blew out a breath, "Draco."

He stood between her legs, still holding Carmella with her other arm, and put his hand on her cheek. "Cordelia, tell me how you feel. Please."

"I.." her throat closed in on her again. "I want you, Draco." It was so quiet, so soft that he wanted her to say it louder, yet he loved how gentle her eyes connected to his. "And I can't have you."

And she held eye contact with him.

Even with his blue eyes staring back at her, she'd learned to realized her fathers favorite color wasn't Draco's blue.

"You have me, Baby," he bent down to her face, holding it so gently. "I'm right here."

"You're not," she whispered. "You're with my mother. You're in her bed every night. It hurts."

He looked hurt, but he couldn't stop thinking about how he would feel. How if one day, if she wanted someone younger, she would just leave him. She doesn't have any ties to him right now. And in the future, if she wanted kids with a younger person..

He didn't know how he felt entirely about it.

"Cordelia—"

"You can't keep doing this to me." She tried to stop her lip from shaking, tears starting to surface. "Please. I'm begging you. Leave me alone. Don't look at me like I'm— I'm yours. Don't touch me. Don't—"

He pushed his lips onto hers, and he did it hard, and he did it with so much emotion put into it that she had to whimper. He did it because he knew he was going to do what she asked, and he knew that this would be the last time he touched her.

So he pushed his tongue inside of her mouth, he slid his hand down her chest and grabbed her left breast, hearing her faint moan. He made out with her, and he touched her, and he made her feel good for one last time.

When he pulled away, he wiped away the tear that had slid down her cheek.

".. don't do that." Her hand came up and dabbed at her lip, like she missed his already.

He gave her a soft smile, "I won't."

When she nodded, she went to slide off the counter, but instead her legs gave out and her chest exhaled, and she began to faint.

"Draco.."

"Because I'm telling you your daughter is in the hospital and you're not doing anything to come up here!"

Cordelia peeled her eyes open, groaning and laying back down with a sigh. Her body felt like it was jelly, and when she saw Scorpius, he gripped her face in his hands.

"Dee," he moved her face to the left and right, "What the fuck happened?"

"I.." her throat was dry, and it took a minute of coughing and a glass of water for her to be able to say something. "I don't know I just— fell."

Draco lowered his voice when he noticed Cordelia away, Carmella still in his hands. Cordelia reached for her, and Draco handed her over, "I'm gonna be outside for a minute. I need a fucking cigarette."

The doctor came in a few minutes after Draco left, a clip board in his hands. "I'm gonna have to ask you to go to the restroom, Ms. Annalise."

She nodded, left the room to go to the bathroom with Carmella, and internally thanked Draco for changing her diaper.

When she came back, she laid down and then not a moment later, the doctor was back, with a stick on it that was pink.

"I see what was wrong. It appears you're pregnant, Ma'am."