🫧|twenty four|🫧

[a lot was revealed in this chapter I feel like, but extra long chapter <3. I'm gonna try to be more active, but I'm not sure if I want this story to be 26 chapters or 25.]

"Mama! Mama no, stop!"

"Baby," Cordelia smiled with a huff, "I'm not gonna let you go. You're not gonna fall, I promise."

Carmella tapped her palms on the pool water, Cordelia holding her in her arms. They were swimming, they'd been swimming for about twenty minutes now until she finally convinced Carmella to get in the water with Cordelia. Carmella had never been swimming, this is her first time in deep water because she'd only ever had a bath, and mostly showers.

Cordelia's phone dinged with a text, her body carrying both her child and herself over to the edge of the pool to grab her phone.

Attachment one: image
Draco: how do you like this one? Also on way home.

Cordelia looked at the picture, thinking it was beautiful. Draco had her looking at houses, and Cordelia insisted on a more reasonable size home, but Draco said he'd always grown up in a manor, and he intended on giving Cordelia everything she wanted.

The house had a dark exterior, it was three stories and looked like it had a pool in the backyard. She liked it, she had to admit.

Texting back, she set her phone back down and wasn't expecting anything more than Draco coming home.

Me: Put your swim trunks on and meet me in the pool.

"You better tell her this is your idea, son." Draco turned the steering wheel, almost to Cordelia's apartment complex. "I'm gonna get bitched out either way."

Scorpius rubbed over his black eye, wincing. "I just want to talk to her. I miss her."

"Wow, I missed you too." Draco muttered, rolling his eyes. He wasn't too happy about bringing Scorpius to see Cordelia. He knew she wouldn't be too happy about it.

He read over her message, smiling.

Scorpius looked at his father with all the jealousy he had riddled up in his body. He wanted to be his spot. He wanted to be his father. From the moment he'd caught them in that bathroom, he wanted to pin Cordelia to the wall and take her himself. And then Scorpius noticed they hadn't spoken, and he thought she finally took his advice and stopped everything with his father. He was wrong. When Draco entered her bedroom after they'd been cuddled together because of her screaming nightmares, and then made Scorpius leave, he knew they had done something. He wasn't stupid.

And then finding out Cordelia was carrying his child before that, it practically ripped his heart out. But he wouldn't yell at her, he wouldn't taunt her, he'd just be there for her and hope she'd let him.

But he'd betrayed her trust too many times for him to be forgiven so quickly. He knew this.

"She's in the pool, she wants me to join her. Let me tell her easily that you're here and—"