🫧|twenty two|🫧

Draco set the coffee cup back in the cabinet, Carmella in his arms

She was so tiny compared to him, so small and he could hold her up with just one hand. He'd been balancing her on his shoulder, all while cooking dinner and finishing the dishes from last nights dinner. He was letting Cordelia sleep in, and Carmella seemed to like Draco with the way she fumbled with his hair strands.

And when a knock came on the door, Draco stopped cooking for a moment and held onto Carmella tighter. When he'd looked through the door hole, he rolled his eyes at the sight of Paxton, and opened the door.

Paxton took a step back, confusion written on his face. "What the fuck? Where's Cordelia? She's late, she was supposed to drop Carmella off an hour ago."

Draco gritted his teeth, "She's not coming in today, she's uh, sick."

"Sick?" Paxton raised his eyebrows, "If you wanted her home you could've just said that. But don't lie to my face about it—"

"Who are you?" Draco cut him off sharply, hand tightening on the door handle.

"I'm Cordelia's best friend." He glanced down at Draco's chest, all the way down to his V line where his sweatpants ended. "I'm also Carmella's baby sitter sometimes. Sometimes.. Cordelia can't afford the day care."

Draco cursed on the inside, growing more agitated at the fact that she was struggling. "She doesn't need a —"

"Draco."

He turned his head at her voice calling his name, she sounded exhausted and hurt. He slammed the door on Paxtons face, not feeling an ounce of guilt, and headed to Cordelia's room, checking the pancakes on the way there.

He opened her door, looking at her with soft eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I'm hungry," she told him quietly, rubbing her hands on her bump. She sat up, her eyes slightly widening at Draco without a shirt, and that same familiar feeling in her core emitted. "..fuck."

He smirked, looking down, and walked over to her, helping her get out of bed. "I'm cooking, it should be ready when you get in there, okay? Go use the bathroom and I'll set you some clothes out."

Cordelia felt light headed seeing him move the way he does with Carmella in his arms. It almost frustrates her how he can play the role of a dad, but in bed, practically make her want to call him Daddy.

When Draco walked back into the kitchen, his eyes settled on Paxton flipping the pancakes, and he rolled his eyes, setting Carmella in her high chair. He'd cut up some pancakes and laid them on a plate for her, handing her a cup to drink some juice out of.

Cordelia walked into the kitchen wearing the sweatpants and tank top that Draco had picked out, and she had her curls clipped up. His breath felt knocked out of his lungs.