🫧|twenty-five|🫧

[this is kinda a filler chapter but I hope you enjoy it <33]

It woke her up from her sleep, made her clutch onto her stomach and start breathing heavily

She couldn't believe it happened — more so, she didn't want to believe it happened. The pain, confusion, it all made sense now, but it didn't stop her heart from stammering and her chest blooming with an ache.

Her feet slid off the bed, checking the clock. It was two o'clock in the morning, her eyes were still droopy.

Her head turned, watching Carmella sleep soundlessly between Dracos arm and chest. Her eyes watered, legs wanting to shake. The ache in her chest didn't seem to settle, even when she walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water, even when she rinsed her face.

And now, the bathroom door was opening, Dracos hands sliding around Cordelia's bump with his head on her shoulder.

"You okay?" His voice vibrated her neck as he gave it a little kiss, eyes still shut from the light of the bathroom.

She nodded, but she wasn't even close to okay. "Yeah, can you give me a minute? I'll be right back, I promise."

He narrowed his eyebrows, but nonetheless, nodded his head and gave her one last kiss before going back to bed.

Cordelia grabbed her phone, walked out of her apartment and onto the balcony, and dialed her mothers phone number. She hoped she was awake, or woke her up from her sleep, because she wanted her to answer it.

The phone rung, and rung again, and right before she was going to give up, it clicked.

"Cordelia? What time is it?"

She squeezed her eyes shut at the sound of her mothers groggy voice, and gripped onto the railing. It was cold outside, she was only wearing Dracos T—shirt and some shorts.

The first question to fly out of her mouth was very shaky, but she wanted answers. She couldn't take it anymore. "Why'd you do it?"

"Do what? Is something wrong? Why are you awake?"

It was a silent sob, but her mother had heard it. Cordelia's heart ached, and her lips shook. "Dad would be disappointed in you."

It was silence from the other side for a minute, until her mothers breathing started picking up. "Cordelia, I don't understand—"

"I want to know why you did it," she cried, cutting her off. "Why did you practically abuse me? I know you don't want me. I've known you didn't want. But— but obliviating me after a hammer fell on my head is low, mother."

"Cordelia, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry—"

Another sob came from Cordelia's lips, and she got light headed for a minute. "You're sorry because I know. You're always sorry when you get caught. Cheating on him.. and then.. k—killing him."