🥀|twenty-eight|🥀

Sirens was the only thing she could hear around her

Cordelia was filing some paper work in her office when it happened, when somebody pulled the fire alarm. And it's like she could feel the loud alarm banging on her chest and weighing her down. It traveled all the way into her heart and made her stop breathing.

People were running out of the building, through the halls, but her head ached, and her chest pounded, and her entire body was shaking so hard that all she could do was slide down her wall and start shaking.

She'd tried to stop, but why wasn't someone turning it off?

And yet, no tears slid down her face. It's like a mask slid over, starting from the roots of her hair, and all the way down to her little frail shoes. Pure panic tore through her, and all she could see was flashing lights of police cars, her mother grinning like a monster.

A gasp tore from her lips, trying to breathe, trying to grasp onto any thing else besides terror.

Her office door opened forcefully, slamming against the wall, and then slammed shut, making her body jolt and try to push her feet backwards, forcing her against the wall more permanently.

She didn't need to look up to see who it was by the expensive shoes in front of her. He bent down, pulling her ankles to the floor, considering her dress was pulling up.

"Don't—" A gasp broke through her throat, realizing the sirens had stopped. She was trying to tell him not to touch her, but failed quickly. The words weren't in her throat, and they wouldn't reach it for awhile.

He grabbed her water bottle off her desk, and unscrewed it for her. "I need you to breathe."

Her fingers grasped the water bottle, but faltered when she'd heard his voice. That's what made her heart rate start increasing. That's what made her head stop feeling fuzzy, and it's what gave her the stability she needed in that moment to pull herself together.

Realizing she was staring at him, she looked down and just held her water bottle. She didn't need a drink anymore. And then, realization settled into her— this was the man that had killed her mother.

Shaking her head, "Get away from— me."

He looked so soft to touch in her eyes, but she knew she couldn't. She didn't want to. But who was she trying to convince? Her heart, or her mind?

Draco narrowed his eyes, but he didn't raise his voice when he spoke. "I don't want to be here, either." But— who was he trying to convince? His heart? Or his mind. "You hired somebody to kill me. This is the last place I want to be right now. And if I recall, I saved you from getting hit by a car going 80 in a 30."

Her shoulders slacked, frustration tearing through her. He had done that. For what? Neither of them knew. But for Draco, it felt like this girl sitting in front of him was everything he could ask for, and she was the answer to his head hurting.

He watched her, watched her legs stop trembling, watched her bun fall down even more when she sighed. It was a messy, tangly, wore out bun that looked like she'd slept in for three days. She had. But he didn't mind, because he knew she just had a newborn.

"Please," it was a whisper that made him focus on her lips, parted but so full and he wanted to kiss them. "Leave."

He'd pushed his lips together, fighting the urge to pull her closer. "I want to kiss you."

She felt her heart leap out of chest and sink all the way down to her stomach. "W—" she breathed in again, and he could barely hear her when she said, "what?"

His eyes traveled down to her cheeks, now as pink as a rose. The skin looked so smooth, with a little scars from acne, and some strands of hair in her face.

They traveled down to her legs, smooth and shaved, so frail that she looked like she hadn't eaten in weeks.

"I know you feel it too," he said it lowly, almost a whisper. "I know you can feel what I can feel. I want to kiss you, badly. Im restraining." He watched her eyes hood, and she hadn't looked at him this entire time. "Im not going to."

She gripped onto her dress, smoothing it out to hopefully smooth her breathing pattern that her boss was fucking up.

"I just want to know," he didn't stop staring at her, at her deep brown eyes that looked like pools of honey washed out from rain and panic. "How'd you know it was me?"

The question caught her off guard, more than he thought it would. Her shoulders tensed, arms falling to her sides and her body ached.

She sighed for the millionth time, and her lip started to quiver, but not because she wanted to cry. Because she was afraid right now. Vulnerable, in front of a man that was capable of murder and get away with it so easily, when the answer was right in front of the police.

He watched her try to compose her, and he positioned himself on his knees, hands going to her face to pull her chin up. He was so, so gentle because she felt familiar. All he wanted to do right now was kiss her until the both of their lips were swollen, but he couldn't do that.

His thumb slid over her bottom lip, watching the fear swirl in her eyes as her lip still trembled in his grasp. "Stop shaking, Cordelia." He whispered, his forehead almost touching hers. Once his hair was falling over her forehead, she had to fight the urge to kiss him herself. "Tell me how you figured it out."

She was scared, but she held her ground. "No," it was a whisper, but a shaky one.

He rested his forehead on hers, now both of his hands on her face, leaning over her. "Are you scared of me?"

"Of course I'm scared of you," she almost whimpered, "You killed the only family I had left besides my daughter."

He hummed, sliding his thumb across her cheek. "I just want to know," he whispered so softly, that her body ached with desperation. "I'll leave when I get my answer but Cordelia, if I stay any longer I'm scared I might not have the strength to stop myself."

Her heart was pounding ten times faster now.

Draco couldn't physically take it anymore, being this close to her. He just wanted to know.

"Maybe.." she breathed again, blinking slowly. "Maybe if you don't stop yourself.. I'll know why you feel so familiar to me."

He breathed out, lips parting, "That's a great idea."

Not a second later, he collided their lips, kissing her so hard she gripped onto his shirt. It felt right, it felt like she was meant to be with him. Only him. Draco couldn't stop kissing her, couldn't stop moving his lips with hers in a way that only couples are supposed to do when they're sex deprived.

He tried to pull away, but the more she kept letting him slide his tongue inside of her mouth and make out with her, he lost control. His hands pulled at her waist, sliding her onto his lap, her hands slipping into his hair with the smallest moan he'd ever hear.

Desire was spreading across her chest, into her lungs with each time she inhaled him. He was like a drug to her, and she couldn't get enough of him. Nothing was driving her this crazy, nothing made her blood rush like this did.

"Fuck," he pulled away for air, yet he still wasn't satisfied. So he dipped back into her lips, kissing her even harder, and that earned another moan from her lips.

She tugged at his hair, squeezed her eyes shut and pulled, their lips breaking apart. She needed to breathe, she needed to get her shit together.

He nodded, understanding, and pulled her up with him, even though she could hardly stand.

He gave her one last look before he opened her door, and left.