🫧| sixteen|🫧

It happened again, the screaming

Cordelia was convinced it was never gonna stop. The silent spell over Carmella's crib was permanent, and it ached her heart every time she woke up like this. With sweat dripping down her face, and her clothes all twisted, her eyes weary and panicked. It was the feeling of abandonment, of loneliness, of panic that rose in her chest that had her heaving for breath.

Now, she stood in the dressing room, her mother behind her and trying to zip up a dress. When it kept getting stuck, her mother hissed out a cuss word.

"Did you gain weight or something?" Her voice was harsh, and she wanted her to shut up because Draco and Scorpius were both outside. They could hear everything. "Jesus, it won't even go up half way. I thought you said you were a size small?"

Odd enough, Cordelia let her emotions get to her as her mother zipped the dress back down. Tears welled up in her eyes, she had to use the bathroom, she was hungry, and her stomach was aching. She didn't know how long she'd be able to hide this pregnancy, but she only had two weeks left before the wedding.

"I could've gotten the size wrong," Cordelia stated softly, almost a whisper. "I'm sorry."

"Hm," her mother watched her step outside of the dress, and then raised her eyebrow. "No, you definitely gained weight. That's okay. You won't eat today or tomorrow, understand? And I'll give you a workout routine before the wedding."

"What?" She could feel her throat going dry. "Can't we just— just get another size? I'll look fine. I promise."

Her mother watched the way tears rose in her daughters eyes, and it did something to her. She hadn't seen her daughter cry in years, and she uncrossed her arms, and hung the dress back up on the hanger.

She sighed, "Okay. I'll go get another size."

When she left the room, Cordelia quickly pulled over hoodie and her pants, and left the room with her. Scorpius tried so say something to her, but she brushed him off and mumbled a small "I'm fine," before covering her face and walking to the bathroom.

When she'd finally sat down to go pee, her stomach heaved, and she grabbed the trash can, and threw up. A tear slid down her cheek, finishing her pee, and ended up throwing up everything she'd eaten last night.

If she'd known pregnancy was so hard, she would've been more smarter.

The door opened again, and then slammed shut, and she quickly put the trash can back down and fixed herself, finished and stood back up. Her head was too dizzy, and again, she was back to turning around and hurling her guts out over the toilet.

Now she was embarrassed, grabbing some more toilet paper to wipe her mouth. When she finally exited the stall, her eyes widened when she saw Draco standing by the trash can, taking off some tags of some clothes.

"What are you—"

He set some grey sweatpants on the counter and didn't say a word as he watched her wash her hands. When she was done, he didn't hesitate to lift her up on the counter and kiss her on the lips.

"Draco—" she almost gasped, feeling him pull her closer to his body, his hands holding her body. "No— no you can't—"

"You're not anything less than beautiful," he kissed her again, rough, and she hated how much she gave in. "Do you understand me?"

She'd burst into sobs, and he held onto her, loving the way she clutched onto him. She just cried, and cried, and cried some more. He didn't say anything, just let her cry while he rubbed her back underneath her hoodie.

When she sniffled and was done crying, done cuddling into his chest, he kissed her cheek and started to unbutton her jeans. She tensed, majorly, and it got harder as he lifted her body with his hand on her ass. When the jeans were completely off, Draco grabbed the sweatpants he'd just went and bought and slipped them on her body, picking her back up to slide over her hips.

The sweatpants were in a bigger size.

She'd nearly cried at that, but he just pushed her hair out of her face, and caressed her cheek, kissing her forehead. He studied her, the way her slim face had such sharp features, her button nose, her long eyelashes, and the way her full lips fell open at his touch.

"I know you'd rather be in sweatpants," he whispered, his hands still on her waist. "Let's go home, okay? I made your mother buy the dress in a bigger size. If it doesn't fit then we'll bring it back and get a different one, and however many times we have too."

Cordelia put her hands in her face, "I am gaining weight. But—.." her mouth faltered, she closed it.

"Look at me," he demanded her, gripping her jaw softly. She did as she was told, looking into his crystal blue eyes, "Gaining weight is nothing to be ashamed about."

She sniffled again, and for a moment, she almost gave in. "Draco.."

He grew closer to her face, "Yes, Love."

They were so close to kissing, but Cordelia pushed back a little and he understood, gently sliding her off the counter. She brushed her face off, trying to hide the fact that she was crying, and when Draco started to unlock the door, she panicked a little.

"Are we going home?"

He turned around and nodded. "Yes, Baby. I'm getting you home to eat something, unless you want takeout?"

She wrapped her arms around her waist. "It's not that it's.. I lost my ear pieces and it's loud outside.." he could barely hear her talking, she was getting shy.

Draco took out his phone in his pocket and got his AirPods, putting them in her ears softly. He turned on some soft music, and at first she was hesitant with the music, but it was soft, and the volume was low.

She walked out of the bathroom first, and checked to see if anybody was watching, and she motioned that he was good. Draco walked somebody else, and Cordelia was walking out to the car when somebody pulled her into an aisle.

Scorpius eyed her up and down, and then rolled his tongue on the inside of his cheek. "You need to stop hooking up with my father."

The breath left her lungs, and Scorpius gripped her jaw, watching the way she looked up at him. "Scorp.. I didn't—"

"Don't lie to me, Cordelia." He glanced at her lips for a second, and back at her eyes. "Does it take dominance to get you to fuck somebody?"