The Promise Of Eternity

When Shadow returned to the King's mansion with Anthony, the night was stormy. His first encounter with them was not pleasant, but he knew they were terrified of him.

All they know about him is that he was a ruthless killer. Shadow made his way into the King's garden, where he used to spend time with Sofia. He noticed Elizabeth there.

As she waited for the sun to rise, Elizabeth curled up in the long grass that covered the freshness of rain, breathing in the air of freshly fallen rain. This was her favourite sensation: sitting on the moist ground with mud under her fingertips, soaking in the peace of the early morning hours.

She was completely unaware of what was going on inside the mansion. But she was praying for Bella and Anthony's safety. It was just her, the dawn, and the dew. Her chest was filled with a sense of accomplishment.

Her shoulder was touched by a warm hand. Elizabeth gasped, surprised, and spun around to see who had intruded on her privacy.

She was too shocked to react or express herself. He was present. He assassinated her only granddaughter.

He assassinated Sofia.

Elizabeth shoved him hard. She stared at him, her eyes cold. "What exactly are you doing here? Are you also involved in Bella's kidnapping?"

"Please allow me to explain something, Grandma." Shadow said in hushed tones. His eyes were welling up with unshed tears.

"I had no desire for Sofia to perish. It was all a misfortune, and I'm still sorry I took her away from you. But please understand that I never intended for things to end this way." and he explains Wonton's wrongdoing and how he became the killer everyone feared.

Elizabeth was taken aback when she heard this. She could feel his anguish and suffering. Suddenly, she noticed Shadow looking at her with hope.

"I have something to say to you. Sophie is the name of our daughter born to Sofia. Your great grandchild. She'll be here shortly." He stated confidently.

Elizabeth rose to her feet and returned her gaze to the kneeling Shadow.

"Come inside or you'll catch a cold," she said, extending her hand to pull him up. Shadow was taken aback.

"Thank you," he said gratefully to her.

"Just call me Grandma like you always did." "All right, Elijah." She smiled at him warmly. And that was the moment he finally broke down and hugged her tightly, releasing his emotions, pain, and tears over the loss of his life's love, his family, friends, and daughter.

Elizabeth rubbed his back, making him feel better. Nothing had changed; it was still the same as when she used to comfort him.

The sky was still obscured by dark clouds, but she could feel the moonlight piercing through the gaps.

X-X

Anthony summoned Silas and his men to his mansion to begin the final plan to rescue Bella from Wonton. As a result, it was the only night they had before departing for the mission in the morning.

He was aware that it had been more than a month since he had seen Anna. He yearned for her craziness. He jumped onto the branch of a tree just outside Anna's window.

The battle technician tricks he used to climb the building come in handy here.

He braced himself, inhaling an unneeded breath of air. He didn't need it, but he was psyching himself up for the first time in weeks to see Anna.

He was on his way to see her, his love. He'd been waiting for this for what felt like years, and he wasn't afraid to admit to himself that just hugging her made him cry.