Chapter Eight

Amy wasn't sure she was going the right way, that driver completely confused her but it was a track, now she was wondering if she should turn around and go back as she was really getting worried now, as she was thinking about it she felt the ground go down and unexpectedly ended up running down the incline, then she lost her cane and cold water hit her taking her breath away.
Poor Amy was now even more confused,  she guessed it was the Dude Ranch Lake but which way was the bank. She started to swim then stopped, turned and swam back , then tried again the other way but had to stop as there was nothing there.
Amy decided that rather than wear herself out she'd float on her back, theoretically someone should find her if she wasn't back soon hopefully.

Lou was on Spartan hoping he'd pick up her scent like harley did when Scott crashed his plane with Ty on board. Lisa had phoned Ty who was on his way to Heartland.
Amy had no Idea how long it had been but she knew she was very cold even though it was spring the water was freezing.
Eventually Spartan came to a stop and Jack stopped too then Spartan turned to face the Lake.
Lou saw it straight away like a beacon, Amy's white Cane stuck in the mud as straight as a flagpole.
Lou went and grabbed it looking at the Lake to see if she could see her sister.
Amy had floated further down the lake as it did have a current due to water entering and leaving at opposite ends.
Jack rode further on looking every so often and Lou leap frogging Jack.
Jacks phone rang and he saw it was Lisa so answered,  he listened then told her to phone for an Ambulance and rescue.
"Lou, Amy's further down. Lisa answered the house phone from someone at the Dude Ranch to say they could see someone floating in the lake".
"Okay let's go ".

When they got near the end of the Lake they could see her floating on her back.
"Clever girl that sister of yours Lou, best way to stay safe".
Jack and Lou started calling to her, but Amy was so cold she didn't hear them to start with,  eventually she thought she could hear them and managed to lift her arm a little bit.
"Yes, she heard us".
Jack got his rope and started to swing it above his head as if he was going lasso one of his Cattle, he let it fly but it came up short. He kept trying then he heard the sound of an outboard motor and saw the rescue boat heading for Amy.
Lou saw how relieved he was as of course she was, they both mounted their horses and rode to where the Ambulance was along with the rescue unit, Ty was there to by about five minutes.
When the boat arrived back at the Dock the team were there to get her out and on to a prepared trolly with foil blankets and thick blankets on top as her body temperature was low, not seriously low but slightly Hyperthermic.
When Ty got in the Ambulance with her she broke down out of relief.
They took her to hospital but by the morning her temperature was normal and allowed her to go home, Ty phoned Lou to collect them.
Everyone at home were relieved and Amy told them what happened.

Lou explained about the delivery driver and that's how Amy got confused in which direction she was going.
"I'm not going out again unless someone is with me, I'm fed up of things happening to me".
"Amy, how would you feel about getting a Guide Dog, it would give you more freedom and the dogs are trained to stop you from going somewhere you shouldn't".
"That's a great Idea Ty".

To be continued