Chapter Sixteen

4 weeks before the wedding.

Amy and Remi were having a great walk, she'd set her alarm on her phone which was in a wallet attached to her belt to go off every fifteen minutes so she could track time.
Since losing her sight her hearing had become very acute and she was still amazed at what she could hear.
Birds singing above her in the tree tops, some she knew others she didn't,  she could hear little animals rustling in the undergrowth, even a bears growl from a long distance away ,it's noise being carried along on the wind.
Every so often she'd feel the heat of the sun hit her when she hit a clearing.
Her phone had chimed four times and she thought about turning back, she and Remi hadn't travelled that far as it was a slow walk, mainly so she didn't trip over. Amy checked Remi and she was fine. She had a water bottle on her belt that when opened had a small bowl attached to let Remi have a drink of water, so she gave her some.
Amy decided to go on till the next chime on her phone as she was having a great morning walk.

Jack was tending the Cattle along with Mitch who was enjoying every minute  since stepping in to help after Tim finally took the hint that he should move on with his life instead of making trouble for his Daughter's.
His phone started ringing and he saw it was Amy.
"Hi Amy, you alright".
"No Grampa, I need your help, Remi is going mad at something in front of us. She's right up against me growling and barking,  she keeps pushing me back, (Amy then heard what was in front) Grampa I think it's a mountain Lion".
"Where are you Amy".
"We're on my usual trail, Remi has her location collar on".
"Okay were on our way, we're not that far from you, hang on".
"Mitch, you have your rifle with you".
"Yeah, always".
"Right follow me, I'll explain on the way"..

Amy could not just hear Remi growling she could feel it through her legs as Remi was right up against her, slowly pushing her back, Amy was using her free arm to feel behind her as best she could.
The mountain lion wasn't sure about Remi he had his eyes on Amy but Remi was putting out a lot of aggressiveness towards the lion also she was big , Remi was a king size German Shepherd.
She continued to push Amy back as the lion kept slowly moving forward.
Jack and Mitch were Just approaching as the lion decided he could get past Remi, as he made his move Remi pushed Amy hard, as she went backwards she lost her grip on Remi's
Harness as Amy threw her arms out as she fell, Remi being free Jumped up at the same time as the lion grabbing the cats throat in her powerful jaws.
Jack saw Amy go down and the fight that ensued between Dog and Cat.
Mitch aimed his rifle knowing that the lion could inflict serious wounds to Amys dog and fired.
Jack ran to Amy and Mitch ran to Remi who was laying on the floor bleeding badly.
Jack was worried as Amy had fell against a tree trunk and was unconscious for a few minutes.
"Amy, how you feeling".
"Err, head hurts and I think I twisted by ankle on a root or something ".
"You have one brave dog there Amy, she attacked that Cougar and grabbed  it's throat in her jaws, they fought for a while then Mitch managed to shoot it".
"Oh god, is she alright ".
"She's cut up a bit from the cats claws but I think the Harness protected her from most of it, you'll have to get a new one. Mitch has called Ty who's on his way, now what about you. Let's have a look".
Jack checked her over and saw blood at the back of head so was worried but didn't say anything,  he helped lift Remi onto Mitch"s horse then he took off to meet Ty.
"Right Amy,  Let's get you up and then get you checked out".

To be continued