CHAPTER 5

Confusing Family Matters

When she awoke her head was laying on Rex's chest with his head back against the wall. She heard something at the door and quickly closed her eyes.

"Good morning… oh, I knew it!" They said  leaving. Echo. 

Crap now Echo thinks they're a couple. She sighed as she sat up. She realized Rex had changed. He was now in some black sweatpants and a white t-shirt. He realized she had been staring at him for a couple of minutes now. Crap.

She slid off the couch and went into the bathroom to shower and change. 

She had just gotten out of the shower and was drying her hair when Rex awoke.

He emerged from the couch and sleepily went to the bathroom. 

He opened and saw Rain.

"Ahhhhhh!!!!!!" Rain screamed. 

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry." He said closing the door and putting his back to it.

"I forgot I don't live here alone." He said. She sighed.

"It's fine just…knock." She said exasperated. 

He nodded even though she couldn't see.

"I'm going to start breakfast when you get out, can you go get the others to come and eat?" He asked.

"Fine." She responded. 

He decided pancakes were the easiest thing to make. He began making them, surprisingly being a good cook.

Rain emerged from the restroom just as Rex finished making breakfast. She was in a tank top-crop top with a cardigan over it with legging on. Her hair was in a messy bun. 

She walked out the door without saying anything to him. Great. 

He went to the bathroom and when he came out the others were walking in.

"So, I saw you and Rain asleep on the couch." Echo said grinning at Rex.

"Your implying?" Rex questioned.

"Anything, happen?" Echo said grinning. 

"Well he did see me naked." Rain said overhearing the conversation.

"Do what?!?!" Hunter said, spitting out his coffee, putting his hands over Omega's ears.

Rain burst out laughing.

"I forgot someone else lived here. So I went to the bathroom and there she was." Rex said angrily. 

"It's not my fault!" He concluded.
Echo tumbled over with laughter, the others laughing too. 

"Can we just eat!" Rain said, embarrassed. 

"Fine." Everyone agreed. They grabbed a plate and piled pancakes on it with Rex, Hunter, Wolffe, and Gregor sitting at the table, Wrecker and Tech on the couch, and Echo, Omega, and Rain on the floor. 

"Rex and Rain sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" Omega said quietly to Rain.

Rain pushed her over causing her to laugh a lot. Echo overheard Omega and was also laughing. 

"I know he likes you by the way he acts and what happened at 79's!" Omega said giggling again.

"Okay what happened at 79's!" Echo yelled. He was ready for some tea. 

"It was a long time ago!" Rex said blushing.

"Well you have to tell us now!" Wrecker yelled.

Wolffe was quietly laughing.