CHAPTER 11

Old Tales of the Past

Soon after they were in hyperspace, they abandoned the cockpit, and sat in the common area.

Rain scrolled through her holo-pad, messaging people. Yet to get a response.

"Ugh! People won't respond!" She sighed, setting down the data pad.

"Don't worry! Just give them time!" Omega says.  

Rain looked over and smiled at the kid.
"In the meantime, you can tell me a war story! Maybe one from the beginning of the war! You don't talk about it much." Omega says. Then she made an O with her mouth remembering why. Rain tensed. 

"I don't like the beginning of the war. Maybe a story later, Megas." Rain said getting up and walking into the cockpit.

Hunter looked at them confused.

"What's wrong with the beginning of the war?" Hunter asked Omega after Rain left the room.

"Rain used to be a part of a squad. She was assigned with them at the start of the war. They worked perfectly together. Rain and one of the clones, Bolt, end up together." Omega sighed.

"Rain was going to have a kid, but the kaminoans forced her to get rid of it. She was not happy at all. She cried for a week, she wouldn't tell them who's kid it was so she was beaten. She didn't deserve it. Then after the second battle of geonosis, which is the one where she lost her arm, she was in recovery from that, and an explosion, when her team got assigned another mission. She was forced to sit out on it because of her injuries." Omega paused, unsure of how to word the next part.

"Days later she got word that they had been captured. Late that night she got a transmission from one of the droid leaders. It was a girl, she was bald and had red lightsabers. She tortured her squad as Rain watched it horror. They all died." Hunter's eyes widened, unable to imagine losing his whole squad.

"One of the battalions went to attack the separtist base, they found the remains. They brought the helmets back and gave them to Rain. I guess she left them on Kamino when she left. After that, Rain worked solo missions." Omega finished.

Hunter looked at her not knowing what to say. Crosshair who had been eavesdropping felt the same way. 

"That's awful." Hunter said finally.

Omega shook her head, agreeing. 

"She doesn't like talking about it much, so I wouldn't expect anything but a cold shoulder if you talk to her about it." Omega sighed. Hunter wondered how someone with such a sad past can now be so happy.

"Whatcha doin'?" Rain asked walking in and sitting down on the ground in front of Omega and Hunter.

"Nothing much!" Omega said in a high pitched voice. Rain looked at her suspiciously, but pushed it away.

"One of my contacts responded. Well….." Rain paused. She didn't know exactly what to say.

_______ Earlier _______

Rain sat in the cockpit. Why won’t these stupid people answer? She sighed when a thought crossed her mind. She could just contact Kenobi himself. She pulled out her comm device. She tried to call him, no reply. She tried again. Same outcome. Maybe she was destined for failure. 

She tried again, this time leaving a video message after.

“Look Obi, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee….. Responded. Don’t worry, I know your alive, but I don’t intend on turning ya in, so just please holo me back. Sincerely your favorite clone, and don't tell me it was Cody you know it was me, Rain!” She finished as she slumped back down in her seat.