CHAPTER 8

LOVE TALK AND DINNER PARTIES

Rex and Rain are in love!" Omega yelled as she ran into the Bad batches apartment. 

"What!?!" Hunter said spitting out his coffee. The other glance at each other wondering what would bring her to say this. Well, obviously they like each other but something must have brought the subject up.

"I went into Rex's room and Rain was laying on Rex's shoulder and they were watching holo vids!" Omega yelled. 

"Well you do sit on Wreckers shoulders and watch holo vids, but that does not mean you acquire these certain feeling for him." Tech stated. 

"Yes but they were laying in Rex's bed, in her night clothes! Something is definitely up!" Omega claimed. 

Everyone looked at each other. That did sound like they were together. 

"We need more intel before we make these assumptions." Tech says. "I say we analyze the two so called 'love birds' and see if the results are promising." Tech says.

The other look at him confused due to his fancy wording but nod. Hunter was unsure about this plan, but decided to go along. 

A couple or seconds later a knock came at the door.

"Com'in!"

"What did Omega tell you?" Rex asked when the door opened. 

Echo stood at the door.

"That you and your precious Raindrop are in love." Echo said. 

Rex rolled his eyes. 

"We are not." Rex growled. 

"Was she laying in your bed." Echo questioned. 

"Yes."

"Did she sleep there?"

"Maybe." 

That was an answer enough on its own. 

"Rex this doesn't sound good." Echo said pacing in front of him.

"If you are implying we did something, we didn't! She was just said and couldn't sleep on the couch so she laid on the bed. Thats it. We are not in love!" He claimed. 

"Then why was your arm wrapped around her?" Omega asked. 

"I thought us blonde clones had to stick together!" Rex said dramatically.

"Welp sorry blondie but not today!" Omega said.

"Whats all this yelling about?" Rain asked walking inside. 

Everyone went silent. Well, almost everyone.

"Well Omega has come to the assumption that you and Rex.." he was cut off by Wreckers hand over his mouth. He looks up at him rudely and confused.

"We are not in Love!" Rain says finishing what Tech was starting to say.

"Lets just let the topic die down and forget about it okay!?!" Rain proposed.

"Fine." The others mumbled.

"Good, Rex, while you were in here you got a message from Senator Organa inviting us, mostly me, to a dinner to thank us for saving Leia." Rain said, sitting down on the couch. 

"At the palace?" Omega questioned.

"Yep, squirt!" Rain responded.

Omega beamed with happiness at the thought of dining at the palace. 

"I don't really know if that's our thing." Hunter states. 

"He said we don't all have to go, only if we want to." Rain adds.