CHAPTER 7

DISCUSSIONS

Relief flooded Hunter when he heard Rain's call. They had Crosshair. 

He pulled up Rain's signal and began to make his way there. He ran into Echo along the way. Echo looked at him with a confused face. 

"Is that lipstick on your face?" He questioned beginning to smile.

"Shut up." Hunter spat as they turned the corner, and wiping of his mouth, finding Rain sitting next to Crosshairs unconscious body. 

"Told you I could handle myself!" She chimed happily then winced as pain shot through her shoulder. 

"Rain!" Rex yelled, running up and making sure she wasn't injured anywhere else. When Hunter saw Rex wrap an arm around her and help her up something hit him. It felt like he had been shot or stabbed. He couldn't pinpoint what it was, but the sight of Rex and Rain made him mad. Angry. He brushed it off.

Rex walked off with Rain to go to the medical center to get stitched up.

Wrecker grabbed Crosshair as they headed back to the apartment. They don't necessarily have a place to put him so they put handcuffs on him and sat him in the showers tub.

Rain and Rex came back from the medical center and she changed out of her dress. She kept it just in case she needed it, but hoped that day never came. Finally when Crosshair gained consciousness they were going to go in and question him. 

"I'll do it!" Rain said.

"No I know him so…" hunter said but was interrupted. 

"Excaulty, you all know him but he doesn't know me. He won't talk to you but me, there's a chance." She said, They all sigh, accepting what she said. 

"Ello." She said.

Crosshairs vision was blurred for seconds but quickly focused, seeing a girl sitting on a counter of a bathroom. She was small in stature, but looked strong. 

"Who are you?" He spat. She didn't seem fazed by his rudeness. 

"That doesn't matter, so Crosshair right? You're good if I call you Cross or Crossy? Well I'm going to call you anyway so you don't really have a say." She said, She took a drink of something that looked like alcohol.

"Are you even old enough to have that?" He asked.

"I'm the same age as you." She countered.

"Doubt it." He said. 

"So let's skip the chit chat and get to the point." She stated.

"What could you possibly have to say Mesh'la?" He questioned not expecting her to know Mando'a. 

"I'm wondering why you tried to kill a kid you di'kut." She yelled. He looked shocked at her sudden outburst and mando'a words. 

"Orders are orders. Also why am I in the refresher?" He asked.

"It was the only place Hunter could find to put you." She shrugged. The gears turned in his head as his memory of her came back.

"So that was you Hunter was kissing." He scoffed. She blushed red.

"That's right, I saw. Though I can't stand watching people kiss so I looked away but I now his stupid bandana anywhere. Why isn't he in here now huh? You scared of me Hunter?" He yelled at the end for Hunter to be loud enough to hear. 

"Crosshair, why don't you shut up." She said, sliding off the counter and waking up to him, pointing a finger at his chest.

She still looked small and helpless, but had a look of murder in her eye.