McGonagall and calypso tell the story of the c.o.s.

Y/n's pov:

It was a couple of days after the day that everyone saw a petrified mrs. Norris. We were sitting in transfiguration and calypso was grading some transfiguration assignments for the first years. We were turning animals into water goblets which makes no sense to me as to why we need to turn our pet into a easily breakable cup. I notice Hermione's hand is up after professor McGonagall has Ron do the spell since he is just sitting there not doing anything.

Hermione: can you tell us about the chamber of secrets professor McGonagall and professor calypso?

McGonagall: the chamber of secrets.

Lily: what about the death bringer house?

McGonagall: now Profesor calypso can you tell it as well?

Calypso looks up with a smile as she pushes away the last assignment she graded.

Calypso: ah you are wondering why his house isn't in the story? Yes, that is because his ancestors made two stories about the chamber of secrets

Calypso:  there was three of the greatest wizards and two of the greatest witches a thousand years ago. They all got along with each other and built this castle. Now Slytherin didn't trust the muggleborns and made a secret chamber somewhere in the school. He made it only accessible to his true heir and the death bringer's bloodline when a true death bringer came to the school.  Only Slytherin's heir and a death bringer can access the chamber and control the horror within the chamber, but Slytherin sealed the chamber when he left the school. After a few hundred years the last death bringer put a spell on the sorting hat to reveal the new death bringer.  The castle has been searched many times over the years after Slytherin left and the last death bringer past. No chamber has been found.

Draco: that's the same story how is that different.

Calypso: only a true death bringer or the heir of Slytherin can control it.

Hermione: it really is just the same story.

Calypso sits down and sighs in annoyance.

Calypso sits back and closes her eyes in frustration. Eventually the class ends and I leave quickly since I feel like lily and Hermione don't trust me now.

Lily's pov:

As we leave transfiguration me and Hermione look at each other worried about how y/n is going to be treated for the rest of the second year.

Ron: Malfoy is probably the heir of Slytherin.

Harry: yeah most likely and Hermione you and lily should avoid the death bringer from now on because he might have the monster of Slytherin attack you both.

Lily: if Draco was the heir he would be telling everyone in Slytherin that he is the heir. Also me and Hermione are y/n's only friends at hogwarts.

Hermione: there is one way to be sure about malfoy. But it is really dangerous.

Lily: follow us.