(18)

Sam's pov

"What... what... what's going on?" I said looking around frantically

"Your not doing this alone." Kate said locking the door again.

"Can't believe I cried about losing you just to have you back in the room." Flora said wiping her eyes.

"What?" I said at Kates comment.

"There's another way" josh said and held up the paper he was looking at "C. Berman. She's the key"

"Wait hang on. We sent her out there for no reason other than to save your precious asses." Flora said pointing her finger at them

No one said any thing. Nothing at all.

Whilst all of this was going on in the room. The nightwing killer was out side chopping down the door.

"Camo nightwing. Summer of '78. Group of campers, brutal massacre." I read the article

"There was one shadyside survivor, C. Berman." Josh said

"The still traumatised girl claims that amidst the carnage she saw the witch." I read more and looked up at josh

"Yeah just like you. If she survived, then pretty sure-"

"There may be a way fir me to live too." I interrupted him.

"Got it! C.berman! 9006 brennan way. This has got to be her" Kate shouted from the other side of the room.

Flora ran to the phone that was on the wall and put the number in that Kate was shouting to her, putting it against her ear when it was ringing.

"Come on! No ones answering."

"The berman residence. I'm not home right now."

"I need some help here" Simon shouted from the door.

Deena stood up and ran to help him.

"Please leave a message after the beep" we heard from the voice mail as we stood around Flora.

"No one's there!" Flora said "Hi, hello my name is Flora Fraser. I think you saw the witch"

"This shit is not gonna hold"

"We need to know how you survived" flora continued but josh interrupted her

"Hey were being attacked, alright. There are killers here!"

"If your there please pick up! Please answer."

"To recored a new message, press one."

"Fuck! No!"

A hand came through the door and grabbed Simon. Flora saw and gave the phone to josh and ran over to help him.

Picking up something sharp off of the ground and stabbed it in the arm making it let go of Simon. Kate got him of the table.

I looked more into the artical and saw something that i didn't expect.

"She died" I whispered to myself. I turned around to look at Flora who was back on the phone. "She died"

"What? No she's alive. That's the whole point" she said coming over

"Yeah, she... she survived, but... but first she died."

The banging on the door got louder and louder each time.

"C. Berman was found in the woods. Her heart had stopped but local boy preformed CPR" flora read

"What if this is it? What is that's how she survived. Her heart stopped" I said. "She survived by dying"

"The rhyme. What the rhyme? She'll take your blood. She'll take your head. She'll follow you" flora shared a look with me

"Until your dead" we said together

"It's just like Kate said. OK? The witch wants you dead. So... we kill you. And then just like this C.berman bitch, we bring you back to the land of the living."

"What are you saying" Kate shouted from the door 

"Fuck it, I'm dying tonight one way or another."

"That's the spirit" flora and Simon said

"Let's try to bring me back" I said, looking at flora.