Chapter 27

"So you're trying to tell us that she died of an allergic reaction when there are no traces of any food or anything like that in her?" I asked.

"Yep," Abby said.

"So much for an easy days work," Tony sighed.

"Abbs, what is it?" Gibbs and Ducky had appeared again.

"Sarah Baker hasn't eaten anything in a good six hours," Abby told him, "She hasn't got any food in her stomach whatsoever, but she did die of an allergic reaction."

"She's not allergic to anything other than nuts. It would have to have been ingested, otherwise there would have been some sort of sign on the outside of the body," Ducky frowned.

"Thanks Abbs," Gibbs said and she skipped away, "Is there any other way she could have taken in nuts?"

"Not that I could think of," Ducky was scratching his head.

"Wait a minute," I said, thinking deeply.

"What is it?" everyone was looking at me.

"Ducky, did she have..." I paused, "Did she have intercourse just before her death?"

Everyone was looking puzzled.

"I didn't think to check," Ducky said, "Why?"

"Well... McGee and I saw an open packet of Brazil nuts sitting in the kitchen," I said but everyone still looked puzzled, "The proteins in Brazil nuts are not broken down and they stay in the body. They are the only type of nut that can be sexually transmitted, so maybe that is why she had an allergic reaction."

"But her husband was out of town?" Tony said.

"He says he was," Gibbs said, "Ducky, get some samples and send them to Abby. DiNozzo, bring the husband in and get some DNA. Well done, Molly."

Ducky and Tony disappeared (though Tony complained a bit first) and I sat back in my chair, looking proud.

"Where did you learn that?" McGee asked as he and Ziva moved over to my desk.

"I used to watch QI when I was living in Scotland," I said, "It was filled with weird facts like that."

"And that's the one that stuck?" Ziva asked.

"Seems like it," I grinned.

"Molly, you can take the interview," Gibbs said suddenly and I stared at him in shock.

"What?" I asked.

"Take the interview. You worked it out, so it's your case," he said.

"Rule thirty eight; your case, your lead," McGee told me.

'But... I've never done it before!' I said.

"You've watched us a million times before, you'll do fine," Ziva said.

"DiNozzo will join you to help if anything goes wrong," Gibbs said.

Tony came back and, after getting the samples and sending them to Abby so she could compare them, we both headed down to the interrogation room. Jacob Baker was sitting back in his chair with his arms folded across his chest and looking agitated. When we walked in, he immediately fixed us with a hard stare.

"Why did you call me here? I've already told you everything," he said.

"We just need to double check a few things," I sat down across from Jacob while Tony stood in the corner of the room.

"Make it quick," he said, "I have things to do."

"They can wait," I told him, "You don't seem very cut up about your wife's death."