Chapter 42

"Are you sure you want to do this so soon?" Gibbs asked, "Dr Ryan said..."

"I'm fine," I said, "I want to see them."

We were stood in the lift, going up towards the squad room. I had been released from hospital the day before and was confined to my own bed with only Atticus for company, and Gibbs when he came home to check on me. I persuaded him to let me out today so I could see everyone.

As soon as the lift doors opened, the familiar scent of bitter coffee mingled with sweat hit me and I smiled. Sure, it had only been a few days, but it had felt like longer.

McGee was grinning widely as I approached and took me into a massive bear hug.

"Thank god you're better," he grinned.

It was Tony's turn next.

"Ah, I knew you'd make it," he messed up my hair a little, "You're stronger than you look."

"Welcome back, Molly," before Ziva could say another word, a white lab coat barrelled into me.

"Molly!" Abby squealed, delighted.

"Ok, Abbs," Gibbs prised her off me, "She's still weak."

Abby looked appalled so I gave her a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, he's overreacting," I assured her and she relaxed.

"I was so worried," she said, "I remembered what Tony was like and I didn't want the same to happen to you."

"I'm alright now, don't worry!" I smiled at her.

"Well, thank god for that!" she gave me another quick hug before retreating, glancing at Gibbs.

"I just thought I'd pop in to say hi, Gibbs won't let me stay," I said.

"I'll take her back, Gibbs," Tony said, holding out his hand for the key.

"Straight back, DiNozzo," Gibbs warned, tossing him the keys.

"Yes, boss," DiNozzo caught them and led the way to the lift.

I got in the car with him and he started towards Gibbs' house.

"We're all so happy you're back," he said softly.

"Thanks," I replied, "I am too."

"When you're feeling better, we need to talk," he sighed.

"Why not now?" I asked.

He pulled into the drive, cutting off the engine and turning to face me.

"About Matt," he said.

"Please don't be mad, that's why I didn't want to tell you," I started.

"I'm not mad, I'm just a bit disappointed you didn't feel you could come to me. Do you not trust me?" he looked really down.

"Tony, it's nothing like that. I wasn't planning on telling Gibbs either, he worked it out!" I said.

"He's a good kid," he said, "If you were dating anyone, I would definitely like it to be him."

Relief washed over me.

"So you're not mad? You're fine with it?" I asked.

"To an extent," he smiled slightly, "Go, get some rest."

I got out of the car and went into the house. Within ten minutes, the doorbell rang.

"Matt," I smiled, stepping forward and hugging him tightly.

We stayed like that, his arms comforting me, until he broke away.

"Let's go inside," he said.

We sat down on the sofa, I lay with my head against his chest, listening to his heart beating. It was soothing, it helped me drift away.

I woke a few hours later. Matt hadn't appeared to have moved a muscle, though he was talking to Gibbs.

"Hey," he smiled as I raised my head.

"Hey," I said softly.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Better," I told him, sitting up slowly.

"Can you stand?" he asked and I nodded so he helped me up slowly.

"Thanks," I said, steadying myself.

"You'll be back to normal before the end of the week!" Matt was grinning, "While you were sleeping, I may have just wrangled you a school trip."

"Huh?" I asked, frowning.

"Do you remember that school in Libya that we raised money for a while back?" he asked and I nodded, "The school organised a trip there to see how the money is being spent. Thirty pupils get to go, I put our names down and we got on! Of course, it wasn't ever a binding contract but I thought you might want to do it. Anyway, Gibbs has agreed and its now up to you!"

"Of course I want to go!" I grinned, "Thanks so much! It sounds epic!"

"It's next year sometime. We stay for a week to visit the school then we come back home," he said.

"But, I think that's enough excitement for one day. I'll see you later," he smiled at me and kissed me softly before leaving.

I was back at school and NCIS before the week was out. I had been regaining my strength through returning to the gym and was near enough back to where I was before my bout of plague. Although I had a lot of work to catch up on, I was relieved to be back and that life was back to normal once again, hopefully for good this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry as this took ages and it's a bit crap!

My excuse is exams and it did pay off as my results were...

Maths - A

English - A

Chemistry - A

Music - A

History - A

German - A

RMPS - B

I'll try and get back on updating but I still have assignments and UASPs to do and by the time those are finished it will be time for actual exams. Luckily, those are more spread out and I'll have study leave so I might be able to update a bit during that six week period!

Sorry again!

LupinsWerewolf