Chapter 2

When I got into the NCIS Headquarters the next day with Tony, Gibbs greeted me immediately.

"How do you feel about maybe... doing an internship at NCIS?" Gibbs asked gently, "Nothing official, you wouldn't be an agent. You'd just, do some desk work, earn a bit of cash... maybe come on some cases that we knew you'd be safe on. Its just... something to take your mind off things until school gets too much."

"I'd... like that, I think," I offered him a small smile.

"Good... we'll sort things out later," he let me walk to my desk.

I nodded then sat down with a sigh. I glanced at the picture of my parents and tears were just about to fall. I held them back and just stared at the picture, a frown appearing on my face.

How had my parents died? One lunch I was at home to eat, rather than in the school canteen. We were just about to sit down when some men burst into the house. They tied us to our chairs and began to torture us. This went on for hours, and someone must have noticed I hadn't returned to school, which was unlike me. After they thought they had tortured us enough, they killed my parents right in front of me. They were just about to kill me when the police burst in. The men ran away and the police still hadn't caught them. Someone must have called the police about my disappearance. Anyway, they were sworn to secrecy and I was moved to Washington. I still had the scars from where they tortured me. I was still incredibly shaken and I missed my parents more than anything.

I was absent-mindedly rubbing the scars on my arms and didn't notice Gibbs and Tony staring at me.

"Molly?" said Tony but I didn't hear him.

"Is everything all right?" said Ziva, arriving at the scene.

"Molly? Are you OK?" asked Gibbs and I jumped.

I quickly hid the scars and tore my eyes away from the picture.

"Yeah..." I said quietly.

"Molly, what is wrong? You can tell us!" said Ziva, a reassuring smile on her face.

I closed my eyes and sighed, "It's nothing..."

"We don't keep secrets!" said Tony, his voice slightly sharp.

Gibbs hit Tony on the back of the head then turned back to me, "If you want to speak about it, you know where to find me... DiNozzo, take Molly to her new school."

Tony nodded then lead the way out. He drove me to the local school and lead me to reception. I was shown the way to class and I awkwardly walked in. The teacher, Mr Green, introduced me to the class then pointed me to my seat. I sat down and took out my stuff. Tenth grade. I was in fourth year of high school in Scotland.

I was sitting in between a girl and a boy called Kirsty and Dougie. Dougie medium length brown hair and green eyes and Kirsty had long blonde hair, blue eyes and a real smiley face. They were both really friendly.

"Hey, I'm Dougie, this is Kirsty!" said Dougie, "How're you?"

"Good, thanks," I forced a smile, "You?"

"Good, thanks," said Dougie and Kirsty nodded.

"Mr Green is a Music teacher!" whispered Kirsty.

I nodded and turned back to the front of the class. I could play guitar easily, and learned any instrument quickly.

"So Molly, can you play any instruments?" asked Mr Green and I nodded.

"I've played guitar for about six years," I said quietly.

"Do you want to come and play something? Sing along if you want," he said.

I nodded and began to play 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' by Green Day. My dad had been in the British Army and the song reminded me of him.

Once I had finished, I was applauded massively.

"Well, you can certainly play! Sing, too!" said Mr Green.

"That was amazing!" said Dougie as we left.

The rest of the day was alright, it was just school. My new friends had managed to distract me from the things eating me for a few hours, I felt almost normal again! Dougie, Kirsty and I left school together when Gibbs appeared out of nowhere.

"Your training is going to start now," he said, "Even interns need basics."

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said quietly, waving my new friends goodbye.

I passed the training after a week of hard work. I was now a semi-official part of the team, though I was just an intern. The training meant I could join on some investigations, the ones that weren't life-threatening to myself. I was still a minor, meaning my working day was massively cut, but I was determined to grab the opportunities I was given. My life had been turned upside down and I needed to regain control, somehow.

"Gear up! We've got a missing person," said Gibbs.

I quickly grabbed my badge and followed Tony outside. Gibbs and Tony went in Gibbs' car and the rest of us were in the van. 

We had to go to the port. That was where the kidnapping took place, in broad daylight. The news we were given was not much, we barely knew anything. We didn't even know if the kidnapper was still there, but I had the feeling I was going to be left in the van this time.

Gibbs and Tony were at the front and we were driving behind them.

Suddenly, a gunshot went off. It hit Gibbs' car and they swerved to the side, out of control. Gibbs had been hit by the gun and was bleeding badly. They were getting closer and closer to the edge and then disappeared from sight. They were sinking down rapidly and both had seemingly been knocked unconscious by the impact.

"No!" I yelled and ran out of the van. I took off my jumper and boots and prepared myself to jump in the water.

"Molly! You can't go in there!" yelled McGee, grabbing my arm, "There have been a number of shark attacks here recently, a bull shark is in these waters."

"Gibbs is bleeding badly and both him and Tony are unconscious!" I yelled at him, "I'm going in! Bullshit to your bull shark!"

With that, I jumped into the icy cold water. It stabbed at my skin and I was finding it hard to hold my breath. I found the car almost immediately and wrenched the door open. I dragged both Gibbs and Tony out and got McGee to lift them out of the water. Gibbs' blood surrounded me and I realised too late that a dark shape was coming towards me.

"MCGEE! COME ON MCGEE!" I yelled helplessly.

He came back to the side and grabbed for my arm. He caught on to it and began dragging me up, but the shape was coming closer. Massive jaws wrapped around my leg and I yelled in pain.

"MOLLY!" yelled McGee desperately trying to pull me up.

My hand slipped from his and the shark began dragging me underwater, sharp teeth cutting into my skin.

"MOLLY!" I heard muffled yells from above the water. It sounded as though Gibbs and Tony were conscious. At least I had saved them.

A week in DC and that was me. I hadn't ever heard of sharks being in DC waters, but here I was being proven wrong. Shark attack wasn't quite the way I wanted to go, but at least it meant I wasn't living the life I had been anymore. I'd get to see my parents again, be free.