ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

3rd pov
Y/n and Buzz got to the teachers lounge to carefully find out what the three toys were up to. They look to find Ken, the bug, and rock were climbing into the flap of the vending machine.

They cautiously walked towards it and hear laughter from above. Y/n looked down at her boots and at the snacks. There was various animal noises and voices getting closer as they climbed the rows of snacks.

As they reach the top, Buzz helped Y/n up to sneak behind the walls of the machine. The green light was dimmed and they see the three with a purple octopus.

"All right, place yer bets! Any splits? Here we go!" The toys throw various items like batteries, Monopoly money, and other toys onto the pot.

The octopus pulls the string to play the farmer toy and watch it spin around.

"What are they doing, Buzz?" Y/n whispered before he placed his hand on her mouth. "We can't be spotted here.. let's go." Her antennas twitched as she heard their conversation.

"..Hey, what do you guys think of the new recruits? Any keepers?" What were they talking about? Y/n stopped as she peeked around.

"Oh please, landfill!" The octopus and rock laughed. "Cowboy?.. dinosaur?" 'Why do they need our friends?' Y/n thought as she knelt down to hear better.

"Toddler foddler!" "How bout that Spaceguy or that alien? They could be useful." The two look at each other.

"They ain't the sharpest knives in the.. place where they keep the knives." "Neither are you, Chunk." The robot snarkily bit back as they laughed.

The bug playfully slapped Ken's arm. "You got a little keeper for yourself, didn't'cha, Ken?" "Hey! Lay off, Twitch! Barbie is different. Don't act like your little Mantis isn't an eyecatcher!"

The buff bug growled, defensive from the mention of the girl. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Buzz glared at the group before taking Y/n's arm. "Let's get-" He was cut off by bumping into big baby who was staring down at them. Y/n's antennas go down. "Oh poop.."

The two were tossed onto the table, startling everyone. "Well, well, looky who we have here." Ken stood up with a smirk as they were quickly subdued by the octopus.

"Hey!" "Let us go!" The male doll narrowed his eyes. "Take them to The Library." A sock puppet was pulled over their heads as they scream out, defenceless.

~time skip!~

Y/n pov
I felt the cloth get taken off my head and a bright light was a bit away from me. Am I finally in heaven?

"There there.. just.. don't make a racket." A voice said before I see Ken glare down at us. Buzz's sock was taken off his head as he flinched.

"Unhand us, you cowards! We demand to talk to Lotso!" I look back at Buzz who was in the middle of the room.

"Wh-where are we?" "Calm down, Mantis. You'll be okay." I look up to see 'Twitch' standing beside me and shrink down at his size.

(Why is he so buff)

"Zip it, Buck Rogers and Wilma Deering! You don't talk to Lotso 'til we say you can-" The door creaked open and I see the purple bear standing there, very confused at the sight.

"Ken?.. What's going on here? Why are these toys tied up?" Ken worried. "They.. they got out, Lotso!" The bear shook his head as he walked towards us.

"'Got out'? Oh, no no no! This isn't how we treat our guests!" I watch as he unties Buzz.

"And why's this little darlin' back here?" Twitch jolted up. "Uhh-" "Don't worry, I gotcha." I was untied and stood up beside Buzz.

"There.. was a mix up. We and our friends felt a bit more comfortable if we respectfully request a transfer towards the Butterfly room, if that's no trouble." Lotso didn't seem bothered, more happy at the thought. "Well, request granted!"

"But, Lotso..!" Ken whined. "Hush now, Kenneth! These toys shown initiative! Leadership! Why, I'd say we found ourselves two keepers! Hear that, everyone?! We've got keepers!" Everyone in the room cheered and I let out a breath of relief.

"Oh.. thank Mira Nova! Let us get our friends and we won't be any trouble!" I started to drag Buzz out the room but Lotso stopped us. "Whoa, whoa! Hold on there, Boss! Those caterpillar kids need someone to play with."

I huff out. "No offence, Mr Lotso. But we don't belong here." "Oh, none of us do! I agree! Which is why for the good of our community we ask the newer toys, the stronger ones, to take on the hardships the rest of us can't bear anymore."

Buzz looks at me as I look around everyone else in the room. "That.. makes sense, I guess." Lotso smiles. "Adda girl!-" "But we couldn't accept! We're a family. And we stay together!" I hold onto Buzz's arm as he takes me in his arms.

"Family man, eh? I understand. Put him back in the time out chair and strap her down!" Buzz was forced back into the chair as I helplessly kicked my legs up. "No!"

"What are you..? What?! Unhand us!" Big Baby shoved him back on the Lego chair. "Buzz!"

I was pushed onto my knees and hear Ken whistle for something coming out of the bookshelf. A bookworm came out with a light and what looked like two little booklets.

"Ah! Found 'em! They were filed under 'Lightyear' and 'Alien'!" He dropped them to the bear's feet and he picked them up.

He flipped through each of the pages to carefully read through them. "Let's see here.. Accessories.. Maintenance.. Oh, here we go! Remove screws to access battery compartment.."

I see Buzz get shoved over and and myself get bent over. "Let us go!"

"Please calm down, darlin', I'm tryna get you outta here as soon as possible.." I sob as the pain of my screws came down.

"To return your Buzz Lightyear or Y/n the Alien action figure to its original factory settings, slide the switch from play to demo.." Lotso smirked down at us as I whisper under my breath.

"Jus' gonna be awhile.. calm down.."

"Stop! No!... No!... NOOO!!.."

1054 words