Chapter Sixteen: Smoke

"Everyone stay in the safe zone!"

Crying and sobbing filled the air, there were screams too.

They were not the screams of the anti-void.

Phantasma watched as the residents of Reapertale trickled into there anti-void, or... at least some of them. Life had yet to wake, and King Asgore had died within moments when the codes started to burn.

So much for Gods of Gods.

Phantasma had never liked the dead god.

When had they met?

He frowned realizing that the burn had killed all the normal residents, only the Gods had survived.

"That's everyone," Grim said slipping through the portal, helping a swaying War Goddess through.

"What!" Reaper said in shock.

"The world was turning to ashes behind us," Grim said heart brokenly.

Phantasma closed the portal, not wanting to see the final codes holding Reapertale fall.

"Goodbye..." Reaper whispered, as they all felt the Au crumble.

A wail filled the air.

------

Nightmare was having issues breathing, his body felt like he was carrying too much his legs lead.

A cough left his lips, he grimaced at the magic he'd coughed up.

With a swear and a gasp he fell to the ground, his vision fading at the edges.

"Boss!" Killer cried weakly, trying to crawl over.

"Stay there," he hissed a bit frustrated, whatever was going on had spread plenty of negativity but it didn't do any good when the world he was on was shaking itself apart.

"Crossy, hang on," Dust said, trying to get Cross to wake. The monochrome dressed skeleton had collapsed as soon as it began, and hadn't moved or stirred since.

Weakly Nightmare managed to pull open a drawer in a table and pulled out what looked like an innocent pair of gloves too small for his own hands.

'Thank you Error' Nightmare thought sadly, his past friend.

Even dead, Error looked after his friends.

Gritting his teeth he concentrated, he winced in pain as the dark goop rescinded from hsi hands leaving... child hands. To use the gloves, only Nightmare could without his corruption.

No one would expect an escape route this way.

The gloves were snug on his hands as he pulled on, he paused briefly as feel of his friends magic in the gloves weave.

The Castle shook, the earth screamed as it tore itself apart.

"Lets go," he said activating them, the gloves shimmered and filled teh area with light.

When it cleared the castle was empty of living beings.

Just in time as the castle collapsed, followed by the AU.

------

"Its raining Nightmares," Reaper said.

Phantasma was too busy catching the bad sanses as they fell from an escape portal.

"Your a horrible person," Phantasma told him awhile later, as they got unconscious bad sanses settled with the Reapertale group.

"That's what Geno said to, then he married me," Reaper said brightly.

"Uh huuuuh," the child destroyer said, giving him a flat look.