Chapter Twenty: While the world waited

"I have an adorably small brother," Papyrus said looking pleased, hugging Phantasma like he was a lifeline.

He was, in more then one way now.

The child blinked and enjoyed the hug, rather tired and trying to sort out memories and very strong emotions he wasn't use to.

His head hurt, and he found himself curling into the much bugger form of his.. little brother?

Shouldn't he be big brother?

Ow... memories.. okay was big brother.

He was too use to being almost soulless, and remembering was hard.

Reaper looked liked he wanted to hug Phantasma also, but knew that was a no go due to Papyrus may be hit with his death touch. Being Death sucked.

"Whens my turn...." Reaper pouted, that had Papyrus and Ink who was nearby to give him strange looks.

"Turn?" Phantasma asked confused, Reaper blushed realizing he'd said it out loud.

"My turn!" Ink said grabbing the mini destroyer and ran off with said child.

"Hey!" Papyrus said shocked, and gave chase.

------

Dream facepalmed, watching Papyrus and reaper chase Ink across the anti-void. Still, it.. was better them over stressing like many of the others taking shelter there. Sighing he stared at the endless white 'skies' of this place.

It was very unsettling, specially since once upon a time it was covered with Error's strings and souls

Things had changed so much in so little time, there very existence now depended on a small child that had once been Classic, Geno and Error.

He felt useless here, there was too much Negativity for him to spread positivity and he felt ill twenty-four seven, Blue was missing...

Still some pluses, Nightmare was safe along with his gang.

He stared across to a safe zone, where Nightmare rested keeping a sharp cyan eye on everything and looking healthier then himself due to all the Negativity.

They... had some talks since they'd both ended here, he'd gotten some hard truths.

Hard truths, it felt like being stabbed in the soul.

He was so stupid...

Nightmare hadn't ever needed him to save him.

He didn't cry, he had to keep smiling because if he broke down people would panic as 'Dream was always happy'

Dream was not happy.

He'd cry later.

------

"What about this multiverse...?" Blue asked with a frown, looking over a book about a nice looking multiverse. Shell looked over his shoulder, a hum leaving him as he looked it over.

"Maybe, let me look," he said taking the book, leafing through it before slamming it back into the shelf with a weirded out look.

"Shell?" he asked confused.

"Classic there is Epic," he explained.

"Ah..." Blue said blaming out for a moment, living in a multiverse where everyone based off Epic... yeah no. He'd like his sanity.

"What about this one?" Shell asked holding up another book.

"Its almost like ours, but says here Error and ink work together... and the fate seems okay from what the book says. But, won't have our Ink and Phantasma there cause issues since there also a creator and destroyer?" he asked worriedly.

"Maybe, maybe not... we can query the local Fate on relocating your multiverse survivors," Shell thoughtfully replied.

"Only if your Inky stays soulless, he's the only one left without a soul in your multiverse," a tiny voice chirped.

"Sooo cute!" Blue squealed, spotting a bitty skeleton on the table wearing a cat eared hoody.

"Blue, meet the Fate of that multiverse," Shell said amused "How long have you been there?"

"I was reading in a nearby reading nook before before you got there," the tiny bitty fate giggled.

"So... how do we get Ink a soul?" Blue asked frowning.

"Oh dear... I can't create a soul for him due to the code of your multiverse," Shell frowned.

"Wait.. you can create souls, no... ignore that... Inky needs a soul so we can jump ship to Fates multiverse," Blue said agitated.

"Tah tah! I'll arrange an AU for you all to settle," Fate said jumping off the table and out of site.

"Lets get you back home, maybe someone will come up with something," Shell replied.

"Yeah... something..." Blue said putting the book away, a new place was so close yet so far away.