two.

i haven't played basketball since grade six LOL im pulling basketball knowledge out of Google so pls don't get mad if i misinformed something. blame it on Google!

🏀

The first time Chan met Seungkwan, it was completely on accident.

It was during his first year in university. Seungcheol invited him to see Mingyu play basketball, and that he could hang out with them after he's done practice.

Their varsity teams would usually practice on the court outside, because they got more room to play and people who don't have lectures at that time are able to support them on the bleachers.

He exited the building, the sun glaring at him as he shielded his eyes from the bright light. Chan wasn't paying attention to the path he was taking, as he's gotten used to where to go from outside. As he scrolled through his phone to choose a song to play, he heard someone yell;

"Watch out!"

But it was too late.

A basketball bounced off of Chan's head, and the impact caught him off guard to the point he ended up tripping over his own feet, landing harshly on the ground. Chan held his forehead, confused as to what just happened, the back of his head throbbing. His earbuds fell out as he looked up, surrounded by the basketball team.

"Seungkwan, what the hell was that?" the coach exclaimed.

Chan glanced at Mingyu, who was watching with worry. Someone helped him up by grabbing both of his forearms. "Does he have a concussion?"

"I'm, I'm okay," Chan stuttered.

"Are you sure? Is your vision blurry? Can you walk properly? The basketballs we use aren't exactly soft, I need to make sure you're okay," coach stood in front of Chan, examining his condition.

Chan nodded. "I'm okay, seriously. It just scared me."

"I'm glad you're okay, Channie," Mingyu said, then pointed at the bleachers. "Cheol is already there, he's waiting for you."

As they all ran back to the court, someone remained.

He was Chan's height, only taller by an inch. His jersey was matte black, along with his shorts. He had a beauty spot below his eye, Chan couldn't deny he was pretty first glance. "Mingyu is right. That could have gave you a concussion."

"What?" Chan was shocked. "Who are you?"

"That doesn't matter, just watch where you're going next time."

Chan's eyes were comically wide. "Aren't you the one who hit me? Why don't you apologize instead?"

He crossed his arms, a scowl on his face. "Did it ever occur to you that you're literally standing on a basketball court. Anyone who was smart enough wouldn't be glued to their phone."

"Are you kidding me?" Chan took a step closer to him, but he didn't back down. His expression was a little too calm for Chan. "Maybe you should work on your aim, then you wouldn't injure anyone."

It looked like Chan affected him, because his eyes narrowed. Chan smirked at his angry appearance.

Before he could retaliate, his coach yelled at him to come back. "Boo Seungkwan, you can talk later! We need to practice!"

With one last glare, Seungkwan walked off and so did Chan.

"Hey," Chan muttered to Seungcheol, who was watching him with amusement. "Did you see that?"