seven.

"I think I'm about to pass out."

Chan glanced at Seungcheol, who was fidgeting in his seat, the popcorn in his hands long forgotten as pieces went flying out of his lap. Chan gasped, taking it from his grip and clutching the paper bag to his chest. "At least be careful with the food. This popcorn is my only source of energy right now."

"Really?" Seungcheol looked unimpressed.

"What can I say? I'm a college student surviving on barely three hours of sleep everyday. Cut me some slack," Chan shrugged, taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it into his mouth. "You can relate, can't you?"

"I guess I can. The last goodnight sleep I had was when Mingyu--" he stopped in the middle of his sentence, slowly going red as if he realized something. Chan twisted his face into a look of disgust, already knowing what he was about to say.

"I really don't need to hear about your sex life," Chan complained.

Seungcheol smirked, throwing an arm around Chan's shoulder and leaning in to whisper, "You're just jealous you don't have one."

Chan rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

The massive crowds of people were chatting around them, and Chan could barely hear the poor announcer trying to speak into the microphone. This was by far the craziest audience Chan has ever been to and seen. Their university really went out this year, and he's not sure if it was a good thing; surrounded by sweaty people, couples who were either cheering way too loud or couldn't keep their hands off each other for a second, crying babies, frustrated parents.

Ah, this was definitely a college game.

Chan watched as a cheerleader went flying through the air, safely landing into the arms of her peer. The crowd cheered for their performance.

"Ugh, I can't believe Seungkwan got us tickets for the worst seats in the world," Chan suddenly heard a voice yelling on the right. "He's so ungrateful!"

"Baby, these are front row," another man said sweetly.

"Seok, you're too nice to see his real motive. Don't you remember last time? That fucking mascot almost kicked me in the face last year!"

The taller one with a cute smile burst out laughing, and Chan watched their amusing conversation - very subtly. "It was kind of funny, hyung, you have to admit."

"It wasn't funny," he pouted.

Chan accidentally made eye contact with the smiley man. His eyes curved into slits and he reached out, "Hey! Are you Seungkwannie's friend too?"

He was gesturing towards the sign that Chan was holding. Scratch that - he was gesturing towards the most embarrassing thing Chan has ever done. And honestly, Chan could have easily not done it, because it's not like Seungkwan was actually forcing him to do it.

But... there's a secret that Seungkwan knows. Only him. And he could easily open his mouth and tell everyone he knows, and it's a risk Chan can't take.

"Um..." Chan looked at the sign awkwardly. "Not really."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Is there another Boo Seungkwan on the team that we don't know about?"

"Oh. I know Seungkwan. We're just not friends," Chan explained but this just made them even more confused.

"Oh! You're Lee Chan, aren't you?"

Chan was... shocked, to say the least. How did they know who he was? "Do I know you guys?"

"Nope, but I'm Lee Seokmin. This is my boyfriend, Kwon Soonyoung," the guy with green hair nodded at Chan in greeting. Seokmin had a bright smile when he said, "Seungkwan talks about you a lot, you know."

That should have made Chan flattered, but it didn't. He leaned back in his seat, a frown on his face. "It's nothing good."

"Channie. Why can't you and Seungkwan just get along for once? It's very awkward whenever the team hangs out with us," Seungcheol interuppted. "He's not even that bad."

Soonyoung squinted at Seungcheol, then realization struck his face as he blurted, "S-seungcheol hyung?"

"Soonyoung? What are you doing here?"

"We're friends with Seungkwan," he explained. "What about you?"

"My boyfriend is on the team, his name is Kim Mingyu."

"The tall guy? I've seen him before. Wait - why are you dating a college student, when you're almost thirty?"

"He's two years younger than me!" Seungcheol groaned. "When will people stop saying that?"

"It was a joke," Soonyoung giggled. "We used to work at the same company, until he left and got a massive studio to himself, which by the way, I'm still jealous about."

"The game is about to start," Chan said.

"Let's take a selfie!" Seokmin yelled,

Seungcheol got closer to Chan, practically leaning against him with all of his body weight. Chan was pressed between Soonyoung and Seungcheol awkwardly, while Seokmin looked completely oblivious as he snapped a picture of the four of them together. Seungcheol threw up a piece sign.

The offensive team entered the gymnasium. They were wearing red and black, and they're pretty much the enemy - considering the fact that they take way too much pride in themselves. The team captain is an asshole, too. Chan remembered the time he saw him make a little boy cry.

The announcer introduced them one by one, following their roles. The audience, opposite from Chan, were howling in support, but to Chan, they were incredibly obnoxious.

Next, their team entered with their heads held high. Seungcheol immediately cheered, along with Chan, Soonyoung and Seokmin. 

Mingyu looked as if he was holding himself back from looking at the crowd, but he did it anyway and flashed a grin at Seungcheol.

Chan had his eyes on Seungkwan, who had a stoic expression, clearly to cover up his nerves. But, as soon as they stood in a line and bowed to the crowd, his eyes darted towards Chan who froze in his seat. He shyly held up the sign he made, hiding his face behind the cardboard. Chan didn't have to look at Seungkwan to know he had an arrogant smirk on his face.

The opposing team shook hands with each other, before standing in their respective places.

The referee blows the whistle, and the game begins.

-

a/n - i promise, there WILL be boochan scenes next chapter hehe. i think this was a pretty boring chapter and i apologize for that :( either way, thanks for reading!!

see u soon <3