twelve.

a/n - early update? :O

The atmosphere surrounding the restaurant felt so thick, it nearly suffocated Chan. All three of them remained silent, and Chan was never good at handling awkward situations, so he decided to be the first one to speak up.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

Seungkwan's presence alone made him feel upset. "Nothing to concern you, I'm here to talk to Jihoon hyung."

"Well, that does concern me because he's my brother--"

"Chan, please," Jihoon nodded at him consolingly, motioning for him to sit back down. "I can handle this."

He turned back to Seungkwan, who seemed more worried than he looked when he barged through the door. "What can I do for you, Seungkwan?"

Instead of answering, he looked in Chan's direction anxiously, before quickly looking back. "Can we- talk privately?"

Chan furrowed his eyebrows. Why was he being so secretive? It's usually not like for him to act reserved around others, especially since he was so good at making himself looking so charming in front of strangers. Chan is seen through his act.

"Wait here, okay? I'll be right back," Chan didn't realize he was deep in his thoughts until he saw Jihoon looking at him expectantly.

Chan nodded and watched them disappear into Jihoon's office.

Maybe it was a bad idea on Chan's end. But his curiosity overpowered his guilty conscious, so Chan snuck over to the back, leaning his head into the door. He heard hushed talking, so he tilted his head in closer, starting to hear Seungkwan's voice.

"I would really... if you could... just this once."

"Seungkwan, I can't guarantee anything... wouldn't like this."

"Forget about him... I need your help, please, let me..."

There was a long pause between them and Chan could barely make out their conversation, but he still held his breath, waiting for Jihoon to respond.

"Fine. Meet me in my office next week, don't be late."

Does Seungkwan want to work here?  What was Jihoon thinking?! He might have his reasons, but it wasn't fair to Chan. Jihoon's restaurant is like a second home to him, if Seungkwan worked here, that would ruin everything.

Chan sighed and before he could react, the door was opening. He stood there like an idiot, frozen to the floor as Jihoon walked out first. He glanced at Chan with an eyebrow raised, but didn't say anything, he instead shook his head in disappointment.

Luckily, it seemed like Seungkwan didn't even realize Chan was secretly listening to their conversation because he walked right past both of them, not forgetting to throw a glare in Chan's direction.

"Go wait in the car," Jihoon handed him the car keys. "I need to lock up."

Chan ended up catching up with Seungkwan, who had his hands shoved in his varsity jacket pockets. "What were you guys talking about?" he asked.

"Did you not hear us enough?" Seungkwan taunted. "You should learn to stay out of people's businesses."

"This is my business. Jihoon hyung—"

"I don't care if he's your brother. Last time I checked, he owns this restaurant, not you."

"I just don't get why you need to work here! Aren't your parents paying for—"