five.

im so glad you're enjoying this fic so far!! im really enjoying writing it <3

hope u enjoy ^__^

The wind rattled against the windows as Chan settled into the booth he was in. His pencil scratched against the paper he was writing on, the clock ticking every second.

"Would you like anything else?" the waiter asked. Chan looked up and smiled.

"Can I get some more water, please?" He nodded, "Thanks, hyung."

Jihoon walked away and Chan returned to writing the script for his drama class. He was assigned as the director this time, even though his professor usually doesn't have students as one, but the constant begging from Chan got her to finally accept her fate. He told himself that it would be fun, but he slowly felt his dignity slipping away everytime he erased a whole sentence from his page.

Chan enjoyed acting, but he wanted to challenge himself in writing scripts and directing. He knew it was difficult, but that's exactly why he wanted to do it; Chan had the passion to learn anything he wanted, which is a gift he got from his parents.

"Let me guess," Jihoon poured ice cold water into his glass, setting the jug down on the table. "Drama class?"

Chan grinned, "You know me so well."

"Please," Jihoon took a seat, opposite from Chan. "I know you well enough that you're going to overwork yourself."

"Hey," Chan pouted. "What makes you say that?"

"Well. The multiple crumpled of pieces of paper right next to you gave me a clue or two."

Chan sighed. Curse Jihoon for being observant. "Whatever. This has to be good, hyung. We're performing in front of the whole school, and I need to write a creative storyline for people to like. Do you know how hard it is to impress college kids?"

"I do," Jihoon laughed. "I was one back in the day."

"Oh God," Chan groaned. "Why do you always talk like your fifty years old?"

"You're literally the one who makes me feel like a fifty year old man."

Before Chan could say something, the bells chimed above the door, indicating someone walked in. Both Jihoon and Chan looked at who it was, and of course, it just had to be the basketball team.

"Aren't they from your school?" Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah," Chan sighed. "Do me a favour and make sure the blonde one doesn't see me."

Jihoon just shrugged, and Chan hoped he got the message that he did not like him. The older man walked away once again, greeting the people who walked through the door. Chan knew Mingyu wasn't with them, he was spending the night with Seungcheol.

Those two are really inseparable.

They got a table a few seats ahead of Chan. Jihoon brought out water and asked if they were ready to order. All of them shook their head, asking for a few minutes.

"This place is empty," Minghao commented.

"Just like your love life," someone retorted. Chan still had no idea who he was and it looked like the rest of the team didn't like him.